A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Marla I forget the thread's name of the person who built the dark plaster pool.........she just put a statue out by the pool to help you remember who it was............find it and ask her to do a "test" for you about seeing the disk.

I wonder what "they" would do if you put in a dark plaster? I wonder what the thinking is for that rule? Safety? Being able to see a person/critter on the bottom?

Kim

I hope Umm's pool will be done soon so we can see pics of the shells and beads.

Hopefully tomorrow! Sorry I have been MIA lately. Just too much going on with traveling and my foot surgery. They cleaned up the shell this week so it is ready for plaster. One small thing left before the plaster and hopefully they'll be out today to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Umm's pool will be done soon so we can see pics of the shells and beads.

Oh and I saw a sample of Aqua Blue with the blue blend glass beads at my PB office and it looks really amazing! I wasn't in the best mood when I was there but I have to say the finish is truly awesome. I can't wait to see the blue smurf with the glass in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Me either, Umm! LOL. What's your recovery time for your foot?

Well supposedly I am not to do hardly anything until my followup appointment which is tomorrow. After that I might be able to return to work. i am not allowed to do any major walking for a month and everything has to be in a special boot. I was told I am only allowed to walk to the bathroom and car. In stores I have to use the electric carts. I also have temp handicap placards so I don't have to walk far. My Dr. is making darn sure I don't need another surgery I guess.

It is interesting that Houston has the pool color requirement. I don't think Austin has that. I thought Austin was worse on every aspect of the permit process. Maybe Houston is worse.

Gee Umm, you and I could have scooter races!! Man, I used one at HEB that was crazy fast!! I was skiddin' around the corners and racing up the aisles. It was awesome! My son could hardly keep up with me!! You learn real fast which stores have the better scooters!!!

Enjoy it while you can,
Suz.

Amanda - Haven't priced the beads and shells out yet so we'll see. Shells for sure, though.

Umm, make sure you honk your horn at people when you are using the electric cart in the store!

I need the dukes of hazard horn.

Gee Umm, you and I could have scooter races!! Man, I used one at HEB that was crazy fast!! I was skiddin' around the corners and racing up the aisles. It was awesome! My son could hardly keep up with me!! You learn real fast which stores have the better scooters!!!

Enjoy it while you can,
Suz.

haha I had some experience with them last year when I was on a knee scooter for over a month. The Costco ones are nice too. I remember in HEB they would have a lot but half would leave you stranded in the middle of the store.

This design was way more expensive, but we are looking at costs if it wasn't raised. We also will probably eliminate the fire on the back wall. Just want to make sure we are comparing the same apples. Like DivinDaves dad said not all apples are the same shade of red!

- - - Updated - - -

Suz, I don't think I like it as much as the other I posted. The other seems simpler. The one change I would make is to make that wall by the fire pit curved and not angular.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.