Instant liquid chlorine?

It's calcium hypochlorite (cal hypo). It does not add CYA but adds a good bit of calcium....something you probably don't want. It will not dissolve quite as easily as advertised, either.

Hmmm. Does it matter if it's an above ground pool?

I'm intrigued by this stuff. I work in a small town and live in the middle of the country. The thought of having this delivered to my door sounds oh-so-appealing. Instead of buying the local stores out, or having to make an hour long round-trip special trip when they are out. Which happens a lot in the summer.

P.S. You guys are FAST with your responses :)

It's fine for what it is, but the calcium can build up and cause issues with scaling. You'd need to know what you have in your fill water and where you are with CH now and then keep an eye on it.

If you drain your pool every winter, the buildup of calcium might not be a big deal to you. You'll just have to watch your TA and pH closer.

You might be a candidate for a SWCG too if buying products is a hassle. You'll just have to keep muriatic acid on hand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.