salt water ppm

stevie

Apr 24, 2012
Hey yall complete newby here when it comes to pools we had a few small pools before but never realy worried about the chemicals just added chlorine tabs and shock when it went green lol ,we just got a 22x52 above ground pool i finished filling it last monday and not put any chemicals i there yet ,i got a swg tonight and 7 40lb bags of salt it saiz in the instructions to addaround 250lbs for the 10,000 gallons of water now my question is ive read i need around 3500 ppm but what is 3500 ppm i understand its parts per million but is it of salt or chlorine and what do i use to test it ive got the test kit that came with the pool and the swg but i cant find any thing that tests up that high or am i completely missing something please help

Sweet so I'm not crazy lol thank you so much il run out to the pool shop tommorrow and grab me some I put 4 bags of salt in the pool as a start Gunna let it run for 24hrs and test tommorrow night

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.