2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

Trichlor tabs are sometimes used in a skimmer to provide chlorine. This is generally not a good idea.

If there is no heater and the pump runs continuously, it's usually not a problem.

If the pump is off, the tabs continue to dissolve and the water becomes very acidic and highly chlorinated.

The acidic and overchlorinated water is very corrosive. It will attack and damage anything it touches.

Lol. I can completely see that. We call tabs "pucks" in Canada. cause you all know er love our hockey.

Yes. I am doing salt and I doubt my little pump could colapse even a highly degraded line. haha. But good stuff I am learning here. My sister has a chlorine pool. They do not use tabs at all.

Just a pic of what I put together to pressure test. Obviously not for the benefit of the pros but maybe so newer people watching the build.

I have 3 lengths of flex pvc going to the pool. 2 returns and one for skimmer. I have glued one of these pvc connectors on the end of each hose. It is a 1/2" npt threaded cap x hose size socket.

I put 20 psi of compressor air into the line. Then shut ball valve. When a compressor makes air, it get heated so after I pressurize the line, I wait a half hour for air to cool back down. Take a picture of the gauge. Come back a couple hours later and take another picture of the gauge. if the needle hasn't moved, we good. Then move onto next line for testing.

Oh ya. gotta plug the other end of whatever you are testing. 1.5" plug for returns, 2" plug for skimmer in my case.

Attachments

• 20180413_164748.jpg
    20180413_164748.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 148

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why didn't you use Tiger Flex for the LED light wire conduit? You know it will be leak free as long as it terminates a foot or 2 above the waterline. That's what I used for mine.[/QUOTE

I would have used water tite conduit if I wanted 1 piece as it is certified for electrical use. But try to feed 100' of thick, heavy jacketed wire thru 100' of flex conduit. no thanks. I am not a sucker for punishment. Mine is water tight too with 10% of the hassle.

Why didn't you use Tiger Flex for the LED light wire conduit? You know it will be leak free as long as it terminates a foot or 2 above the waterline. That's what I used for mine.[/QUOTE

I would have used water tite conduit if I wanted 1 piece as it is certified for electrical use. But try to feed 100' of thick, heavy jacketed wire thru 100' of flex conduit. no thanks. I am not a sucker for punishment. Mine is water tight too with 10% of the hassle.

Or replacing a lamp with a 100 ft pull...

I’m hiring buddy!!

Or replacing a lamp with a 100 ft pull...

I’m hiring buddy!!

No idea what you are talking about. Hiring? lol

I assume that some light fixtures need to have new wire run for some reason. On these pal lights that will never be needed.
Yes, they are wet niche style but both the external housing and internal housing have waterproof connectors and on top of that they are both filled with a encapsulating fluid. If the light bulb goes, I replace it. I bought spares. lol

I tried to tell him Florida has room for him!!! :sun:
I’ll deal with the snow and you guys can have all the poisonous snakes, insects and reptiles that swallow people whole. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear ya...talked to PB this am here in Hamilton and they say 3 weeks from now to break ground...as I read the weather forecast of freezing rain and snow...SMH!

i broke ground a month ago and it’s gotten colder every day since. Hahaha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.