2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

I’ll deal with the snow and you guys can have all the poisonous snakes, insects and reptiles that swallow people whole. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

i broke ground a month ago and it’s gotten colder every day since. Hahaha

Snakes and bugs[emoji848]that’s why we have pool cages to keep them out:cheers:

I think that the reason that flex collapses near the skimmer is tabs left in the skimmer basket with the pump off.

A lot of electrical conduit and wire insulation is pvc, so I don't think that pvc would be adversely affected by wires carrying voltage and current.

To the conduit & insulation, I agree.. I read it in some journal (or misread it??).
I’ll try to find it. I put a lot of wire in PVC.

The reason for the damage, Priddy says, is the phthalate plasticizers often used in the flexible cables (he particularly cited Ethernet cables) coming into prolonged contact with the pipes, usually putting stress on the pipe by being tied to it, wrapped around it or resting on it. As the name implies, plasticizers are primarily used in plastics to offer greater flexibility and durability. When the PVC piping absorbs the plasticizers from adjacent cables, the pipes can weaken, potentially leading to leaks and even ruptures.
http://www.cedia.net/insights/cedia-blog-detail/blog/2013/02/14/little-known-installation-risk-can-mean-big-problems

Maybe this?

In the above reference, it shows a picture of a leaky joint that they claim was due to wire contact. In my opinion, it's highly unlikely that the leak was due to wire contact.

Flexible Wire: Direct contact with flexible wire and cable should be avoided as the insulation for the wire and cable can contain plasticizers that can cause CPVC piping systems to crack, leak or break.

I suspect that cpvc might be more susceptible to damage than pvc.

I'm sceptical about the risk. I think that it's unlikely that a network cable would eat into a pvc pipe enough to eat through it.

Maybe thin wall cpvc under city pressure and in contact with certain wire.

The effect of Phthalates on CPVC Pipe | PolymerSolutions

When a stiff plastic product is made, and then the plasticizer is added later, it “lubricates” between polymer chains, allowing them to detangle. This reduces the load carrying capacity of the plastic and a crack develops. This is why ESC always requires a chemical agent AND stress. One or the other alone can never cause an ESC failure.
Whats The Difference Between PVC And CPVC? |

I'm not gonna join the above debate because it is all a bunch of hoopla. lol. Plus I am grumpy. 4" of ice pellets dropped in the last 24 hours. Ya. ice. Not snow. My may 1st opening is out of reach. June 1st maybe, if it warms up. lol

Kim, do you have 3 spare beds? We are moving in with you. I will deal with all the poisonous snakes. lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Chris, I was actually thinking about your build thread earlier today while I was attempting to bounce heavy ice loads off my pool dome ;) As the freezing slush slid down onto my head, I thought “At least I’m not trying to BUILD a pool today. Fingers crossed spring makes an appearance for us both soon!

C0FDCEA8-F426-4B7F-898C-D99D0EABADF9.jpg
BE2377FE-2B40-431F-AD98-798C9A11A31E.jpg

Put a 3way valve between pump & filter so you can lower pool or pump nasty stuff out to waste.

94da7c8433b0218df6a49eb5df493a0f.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.