2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart in New Hartford, NY has "Pool Strength Chlorine" at $2.50 for 10% !!! I believe it's a full gallon as well (don't have bottle convenient to me at the moment). That bests their house bleach at 121oz of 8.25% for $2.75 I think (might even be higher).

First time running it, so I hope it's fresh. I've tried Aldi's Bleach vs Walmart Bleach and the pool never seemed to hold the FC as well (I could be dreaming this).

I just happened to see this the other day as well, same store. I was over there to get CYA and luckily happened to turn around. Haven't noticed any issues since going to this from GV brand 8.25%.

I got 121's of 12.5% at Menards for $3.99 each yesterday (and there's a rebate to take it lower). Maybe not the best price but better than $17.99 for 4 x 12.5% at my pool store.

The date code provided varies by manufacturer across all types. I buy some 12.5% that has Julian dating. Another 12.5% kind has expiration dating, assumed to be 1 year from production as this year so far they were labeled EXP 04/01/2017. Some may have actual production date such as the 05/01/2016.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dangit!!

Just went my local Weis supermarket. They have 12.5% Austins Pool Tech sitting by the entrace for $2.24/gallon !!

Which store, and was that a sale price?

- - - Updated - - -

Ollies Bargain Outlet dropped their prices. Now $2.49/gallon for 12.5% "Austins pool tech" brand. Picked up another 2 cases

Why did you pay $2.49 if you saw it for $2.24 at Weis? Was that a sale that's now over?

First link is a generic online check. From that page, go to "store locator" in top menu and put in your zip code, then select the store near you that you prefer. Once the store locale is set, search for product "pool essentials chlorinating liquid". That should give you a better idea if it's in stock as that store.

Second link goes to a third party site that then checks stock at Walmart.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.