Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello All,

Have another question hopefully someone is knowledgeable about this. We are getting to break ground and I have attached our pool design with measurements. The pool builder talked about installing 1 skimmer on the wall of the deep end which is the south side of the pool. I was thinking 2 skimmers is more beneficial and I have highlighted in yellow on the attached file where they may work best. What do you all think? Would it be beneficial to add these 2 instead of a single 1 in the deep end?

Thank you for any assistance.

Attachments

• New pool build return idea.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
The answer is almost surely two is better but you do not provide enough information to be certain.

What size is the pool?

What size is the pump......and filter?

Where is the prevailing wind?

All these factors need consideration but two skimmers will most likely be the answer.

The pool is about 23k-25k gallons. Going to use a Pentair Intelliflo 3hp pump. The wind blow from the bottom of the pool drawing which is west and goes east (top of picture).

Just so that we are both on the same page.. A "Return" is the water returning to your pool after it has been filtered and sanitized.. Most pool returns have adjustable "eyeballs" where they enter the pool so that you can control where the water goes..

Skimmers are where the water is going from the pool and back to the pump at the equipment pad..

In my book you want at least 4 returns, one or more on each wall of the pool.

You want two Skimmers with each skimmer being individually plumbed back to the equipment pad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Dave Z
Yes we are on the same page ; ). So my last pool was 15k galkons and onky had 1 skimmer.mm on the shallow side of pool going west to east as well. So as per my drawing are you thinking that the 2 skimmers on the left side (North) side of pool would work?

So as per my drawing are you thinking that the 2 skimmers on the left side (North) side of pool would work?

I would not put them on the same wall.. I'd want one so that the predominate wind would blow the items into skimmer #1 and place Skimmer #2 on a perpendicular wall where the non-predominate wind would blow the surface items.

I would not think that having two side by side would be much better than only having one skimmer.. It is not like one skimmer will not work.. It is just that two skimmers, further apart, will work better.

Thanks,

Jim R.

More returns! I agree 4 would be a minimum.
If your running 100gpm / 4 jets, your 25 gal/min, that’s quite a bit.
I’m a bit on the over engineering side, I’m targeting 75gpm and putting in 8 jets.
Easy to change hole size for more velocity out of the jets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.