Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: repairing a cartridge filter top; is it possible ?

1. Back To Top    #1

repairing a cartridge filter top; is it possible ?

Hello to all,

Have a 4 cartridge filtering system. They are all 3 yrs old. Clean them about once every 7-9 months.

The integrity of the filter pleats, the material holding the pleats together are all good. My pool/filter pump running on 2950RPM/startup is still in the green range under 12psi, and operating range of 1750-2550 is 8psi. However, the blue soft plastic ends have a few splits in them, no more than 3/4" and only 1-2 splits in all 4 of them.

Is there anything I can use to seal up these splits? I googled the JB Weld for water applications, and it's either great or horrible. Not sure of the FC of 4-5 and pH of 7.2-7.8 would either do anything to the JB weld vs just straight water.

Has anyone used anything that has worked, or has a better idea? It's Sat of ending spring break and I wanted to clean filters before spring/summer begins. I now also use the hairnets and that has helped immensely, so this will be the first clean while using them.

Thank you very much,
    tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: repairing a cartridge filter top; is it possible ?

PS - I want to clarify this is not the filter housing...I did a search first on this matter, and agree not to fix the filter housing. I am referring to the blue soft plastic end of the actual cartridge filter - thanks
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!