Mission Viejo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
So, we moved to the house a little over a year ago, so far I’ve replaced the pump, added SWCG and replaced the automation.

But my pipes are a mess (to me) and I really think ripping it all out, putting down a proper concrete pad and spacing it all out a little would be well worth it. The driver being that I forgot to add a check valve between the heater and SWCG.

My wife thinks I’m nuts and should just leave it alone...

52fbb723e58e9ca91386b5a0d71e7338.jpg

a2d3da314680723096ae03a31e045e1a.jpg

2b64120fda54f0bcf9ba2a8a7911f59f.jpg

Is she right?

NOOOOOO don't make me say it...........................us wives have to stick together................................shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell her I said this but............you are right. It needs to be redone :gone:

jb,

The short answer is yes... She is right.... :p

While you always want a check valve between a 3" tab dispenser and a heater, this is just not necessary for a SWCG...

Unlike a tab dispenser the SWCG will not produce chlorine when off.

So, it looks like you will have to come up with a better 'excuse' for your equipment pad upgrade.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I was commenting on Kim saying he was right and you saying she was right!!

I agree - no check valve is needed with a SWCG.

So I will say -- SHE is right!

Yes.

oh wait....was there another question here?? I was just answering the topic line... lol

As to the work in question- as long as you're not asking *her* to do it....what diff does it make? Just tell her you'll feel better with the equipment spaced out a bit. Do it if it makes you happy.

Maddie :flower:

There’s a thread over at Trouble Free Wives forum about whether or not they are right by default....the forum is on the dark web and I can’t share the IP address on the public internet. If you want access you’ll need to install special blockchain encryption software (similar to how Bitcoin operates) and fork over some serious cash to join.

Load up the Confide App on your phone and send me a self-destructing message if you’re interested....

as long as you're not asking *her* to do it....what diff does it make?

It means I get to work on other "more important" honey do's around the house :hammer:

Thanks guys for the input, glad I don't NEED to put in the extra check valve, as you can see there is no room...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.