Pool filter part - what is this?

dm0001

Jul 24, 2015
Vegas/NV
I'm attaching a pic of the part I need to be replaced. It's a wire mesh that's torn. I'm three weeks into adding water to a newly plastered pool. I'm seeing some priming issues. My pool guy took a look and said this may have caused the blockage in the pipes but hasn't given me a final estimate or recommendationIMG_6455.jpg.

Any thoughts on what I should check or do next?

I've already cleaned those filters with acid and emptied out the plaster in that mess.

I'm attaching a pic of the part I need to be replaced. It's a wire mesh that's torn. I'm three weeks into adding water to a newly plastered pool. I'm seeing some priming issues. My pool guy took a look and said this may have caused the blockage in the pipes but hasn't given me a final estimate or recommendationView attachment 514693.

I've already cleaned those filters with acid and emptied out the plaster in that mess.
Take a piece of cloth, wrap it around the screen, be sure that it goes into the hole that goes over the tube and reinstall. It will keep you going until the new one gets here.
Or, just zip-tie the cloth over the hole. You can use a small piece of copper wire to tie a piece of cloth over the tube.
You can fill the hole with silicone sealant, or PVC glue, let it set and reinstall. You could just smash it flat and reinstall.
All temporary until you get a new one. I've done every one of those and they all work.

Reactions: wireform
dm,

I suggest that you find a new "pool guy".. That part could not have anything to do with 'blockage in a pipe' as it can't leave the filter..

And, if he did not know what it was, then he has no clue about what he is doing...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: PoolStored
I'm attaching a pic of the part I need to be replaced. It's a wire mesh that's torn. I'm three weeks into adding water to a newly plastered pool. I'm seeing some priming issues. My pool guy took a look and said this may have caused the blockage in the pipes but hasn't given me a final estimate or recommendationView attachment 514693.

You may need new cartridges if you didn't remove the oils that are always present in a pool filter before using acid to clean them. It will cause the oils to form a coating that cannot be removed. Those cartridges look to have been around for a while.
Where does your pool guy think the clog is? With that broken screen, at most dirt would have been returning to the pool, but nothing large enough to form a clog. It would have nothing to do with a clog in the suction line if that's what he thinks.

Listen to Jimrahbe. New pool guy time. I really hate guys that tarnish the reputation of the career I've spent the last 34+ years doing.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.