New Pool in Plumas Lake - California

I can't wait to see that waterfall with water coming down it! That is going to be pretty!

How do they get up on the jump rock? Man I hope that thing is glued in there good!

Kim:kim:

It's certainly going to be pretty, I also had some conduit installed for Landscape lighting to light it all up once complete and had irrigation pipes installed as well for the planting.

The jump rock is about 18 inches high, so you should be able to get up on the rock pretty easy, they are also grading the levels soon, so that should help with getting up on the rock. It's very secure in the side of the pool with mortar so it isn't going anywhere.

I'm hoping the grading goes well today, since the concrete decking should be going in, in the next few weeks or so.

Got the concrete decking laid out yesterday, then realized that it was a little tight around the jump rock, so we revised the design to extend the concrete further to give us a little more room.

This will allow us to have some extra seating near the jump rock and still have room to get between the seating.

23902582847_51c442f274_z.jpg

Make sure they put the "chairs" under the steel BEFORE they pour. These keep the steel in the middle of the decking. If it is allowed to sit where it is it is a waste of steel. They might say "we will pull it up as we pour" NOPE! It will not stay up. "Chairs" please.

Ask them when will they do the joint cuts please.

Make sure they put the "chairs" under the steel BEFORE they pour. These keep the steel in the middle of the decking. If it is allowed to sit where it is it is a waste of steel. They might say "we will pull it up as we pour" NOPE! It will not stay up. "Chairs" please.

Ask them when will they do the joint cuts please.

Thanks Kim, I spoke with the concrete guy today, they are going to put 2" cubes under the rebar before they pour the concrete to make sure the rebar is centered in the concrete.
The "cuts" will be part of the design, so that each section of the stamped concrete will be in separate 6 foot square sections with relief joints.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The tilers should be coming this Thursday to finish the accent tiles on all the steps and shelves. The electrical supply, pool equipment, pumps, valves and filters will be installed as well on the same day.

Finally, this Saturday the plaster team should be coming in to install the Pebblesheen followed on Sunday by acid wash and filling of the pool.

While I've been waiting, I finished off grading the dirt around the pool deck, built a small retaining wall, started some planting and finished off the drains.

Also connected the deck drains directly to the main drains, after 3 inches of rain over the last two days, the water was channeled away from the pool decking and out to the street, so it's working well.

We are getting closer to completion, so I ordered the TF-100 Test kit today, really prompt service, since they have sent me shipping information already.

HUGE progress! That is looking great! SO close to being DONE!

Okay here is your newest lessons in pool building:

-when they go to add water make sure there is a rag or such on the end of the hose. It will catch some stuff and keep the metal end of the hose off your pretty new plaster

-make sure the hose in sitting on the main drain. It should NOT flow down the floor or walls or out of the spa. This could cause streaking.

-do NOT stop the flow of water until the pool is FULL!! You can slow it down if you need to but do NOT stop the flow.

When will you have pool school and they start up the equipment?

So exciting!! Looks great.

Hey, I don't see any lake near you?? Did they just make up the town name? Or is it an ancient lake area?

So exciting!! Looks great.

Hey, I don't see any lake near you?? Did they just make up the town name? Or is it an ancient lake area?

It's an ancient lake, so there's no lake here anymore, just a new pool that's almost complete :)

- - - Updated - - -

The pool equipment pad is now wired and ready to go. Notice we deleted the booster pump since we will be using a pool robot to clean the pool.

The pool builder will be spray painting the piping to match in with the filter and control panel.

One valve is manual and connected to the two skimmers and the pool vac line (we won't be using the pool vac connection, but I'll allow a small amount of water to be pulled
through the vac line to keep it clean.

The second valve is electronically controlled by the Pentair Intellitouch Control Panel so we can control the amount of water being sent back to the returns or direct more or less of it to the waterfall feature, when we need it.
Most of the time the waterfall will be off, but the electronic valve will direct more water to it when we want it running

Still need to add in a low voltage transformer for the low voltage landscaping lighting.

I'm planning to use a Low Voltage Intermatic safety transformer for all Landscape lighting which is pool rated to keep it all safe.
This will be controlled by one of the spare relays in the Pentair Intellitouch Control Panel

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.