New Pool in Plumas Lake - California

Have you started bonding with your new pool? aka watering it. This helps it cure without as much cracking. Once you get tired of hand watering it you can use a sprinkler to help out.

Now it is time for your own set of links! It is a lot of info. It will all start to sink in when you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also the time I ask what test kit your PB will be giving you. Let us know so we can fill in any blanks it might have.

Kim:kim:

Just went round to see out neighbors pool having the pebble sheen done and was chatting with them.

They were going to have a pentair booster pump and pentair racer as their in pool cleaner solutions, but they have decided
to delete the booster pump and racer cleaner and just go for a pool robot.
They have left the booster pump pipework in, since it's already installed, and have fitted a diverter valve just to keep the options open in the future.

looking at the costs, the booster pump is about $250 and the racer is about $550, so a total of about $800.

So if i went that route as well, which would be my best solution for a robot cleaner for around $800?

No comparison regarding cleaning quality/function for my pool. Your pool will be spotless with a robot. There are many products branded differently by Dolphin which are the same. But I did just see the Dolphin Discovery (same as S200 and Active 20) is on sale for $650 at Doheny's right now. Although Maria Pool & Spa is a popular choice to call and order by phone. Tons of people here have bought them.

Just went round to see out neighbors pool having the pebble sheen done and was chatting with them.

They were going to have a pentair booster pump and pentair racer as their in pool cleaner solutions, but they have decided
to delete the booster pump and racer cleaner and just go for a pool robot.
They have left the booster pump pipework in, since it's already installed, and have fitted a diverter valve just to keep the options open in the future.

looking at the costs, the booster pump is about $250 and the racer is about $550, so a total of about $800.

So if i went that route as well, which would be my best solution for a robot cleaner for around $800?

I have the Doheny's Dolphin Discovery and I love it. Best money I've spent and I'll likely never vacuum again. At $650 I feel it's an excellent value.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the Doheny's Dolphin Discovery and I love it. Best money I've spent and I'll likely never vacuum again. At $650 I feel it's an excellent value.

Thanks for the inputs on the robots. I spoke with my pool builder and he's going to drop $1,000 off the price of the pool which is the rough costs of the booster pump and pentair racer that they were going to fit.

Based on some of the reviews here, I'm thinking about getting the Dolphin S300i / Dolphin Active 30i / Dolphin Triton Plus / Pentair Prowler 930 (I think these are all the same, just differences in the color and fittings).
I kinda like this model because it has the Bluetooth connection to change the settings.

Unless you guy's / girls have other recommendations?

Looking on line, I can get it for about $1200 including the caddy.

Call to check but S300i is probably around $900 including caddy from:

Marina Pool Spa & Patio
7777 W. Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80232
Phone: 303-985-0077

Reliable vendor from experience here, but must call to order.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.