New Pool in Plumas Lake - California

You did it!! You really got a pool! SWEET!

Now....do NOT stop the water until it is halfway up the skimmer face!!!! You don't want ring around the pool. If you are worried about it over flowing during the night you can slow it down but do NOT stop it.

Remember there might be a slight green color to the water shortly after it fills. This is VERY normal. The plaster will shows it's true color as it cures and the water gets balanced.

Kim:kim:

You did it!! You really got a pool! SWEET!

Now....do NOT stop the water until it is halfway up the skimmer face!!!! You don't want ring around the pool. If you are worried about it over flowing during the night you can slow it down but do NOT stop it.

Remember there might be a slight green color to the water shortly after it fills. This is VERY normal. The plaster will shows it's true color as it cures and the water gets balanced.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim, we don't plan on stopping the fill, we have two hoses in there at the moment, and we have an overflow pipe anyway.
I'm thinking it will take until about 5pm tomorrow to fill her right up.

Got her filled today and pumps and filters all working. According to the water meter, it took 20,200 gallons.

Now the pool builder won't be here until Tuesday to test the water and add chemicals. I have the filter pump running at 1500 rpm, but haven't added any chemicslsbyet, till the pool builder comes on Tuesday, other than running the filter and skimmers is there anything else I should do..I plan to run my first water tests with the tf-100 test kit as a baseline tomorrow.

Quick Update.

Got the final inspection done on our newly finished pool. It passed with flying colors.

Still brushing down the pool daily and testing the water with the TF-100 test kit. The PB is looking after the pool and chemicals for the first 3 months, but I'm just monitoring the pool water balance.

So far, it's now crystal clear and the PB is using liquid chlorine for the sanitizer and all tests are close to the TFP targets, so I'm happy with that.

Got acquainted with the Pentair Intellitouch control panel. They aren't the most user friendly panels to program, but I got it all figured out after a couple of days.

So overall I'm happy, even the sun came out at the weekend so I could take some nice pics of the pool.

Here's some final shots of the pool:

Congrats on your final inspection. Looks fantastic!! What's your pool temp?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really like the look of your concrete decking. Other than the cuts and stamp (do you know the stamp name?) Was any color, finish, sealant applied? Also were the cuts actually done with a saw, or did they scribe them in while things are still wet?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.