OB in NW Las Vegas- Open book here and on a budget

This is very true!! But it will all be a distant memory very soon and you will be finding all kinds of other things to spend money on :/.
But the funniest part was when you said you would be sitting in a spa at New Years. In the moment it feels like it’s never going to be over until it’s actually over .
But just take a step back and look at how everything has turned out over there and it looks amazing and you will be 100% ready for when our crazy weather gets it together

SWEET!!!! It IS happening!

Here is your "job" wrap something over the end of the hoses you will be using. A thick sock or two will work. You can use tape to hold it on. This will protect yoru new plaster from the metal on the hose and help filter the water some. Make sure the hoses are put RIGHT by the main drain. Fill the spa last. You do not want to take any chance of it running over onto the new plaster. It could cause streaking.

Do NOT stop the water from filling once it gets started! You can slow it down some if the timing of it being filled will be in the middle of the morning.

Get your shoulders ready for brushing your new baby pool! Try for two times a day.

Kim:kim:

SWEET!!!! It IS happening!

Here is your "job" wrap something over the end of the hoses you will be using. A thick sock or two will work. You can use tape to hold it on. This will protect yoru new plaster from the metal on the hose and help filter the water some. Make sure the hoses are put RIGHT by the main drain. Fill the spa last. You do not want to take any chance of it running over onto the new plaster. It could cause streaking.

Do NOT stop the water from filling once it gets started! You can slow it down some if the timing of it being filled will be in the middle of the morning.

Get your shoulders ready for brushing your new baby pool! Try for two times a day.

Thanks. I’ll get the hoses ready now! Will have two hoses running full steam. No work for a few days so i’ll Be watching all night. Brushes and 20 year old daughter are on standby. Grandkids will probably use school as an excuse to avoid the brushes this week.

I wonder how many gallons it ends up being? That thing looks BIG! And oh so pretty!!

Your following directions is spot on! I see you even added bottles so the hoses can float. Nice extra touch!

How full is it this morning? Do you want to fly me out there to watch it for you?? :slidehalo:

I hope you have B on speed dial!

I wonder how many gallons it ends up being? That thing looks BIG! And oh so pretty!!

Your following directions is spot on! I see you even added bottles so the hoses can float. Nice extra touch!

How full is it this morning? Do you want to fly me out there to watch it for you?? :slidehalo:

I hope you have B on speed dial!

Looks like total gallons will be about 13,000 gallons. It looks big in a small yard.
Water numbers:
Temp- 61 degrees. (16.1 Celsius for my Aussie friends)
PH- 8.2
FC- 1.0
CC- .5
TC- 1.5
CH- 300
TA- 130
CYA- 0

About two more hours to complete fill and then I’ll figure out how to start the pumps.
Question- Do I want to run the spa and water features at all during bicarbonate start up?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A couple of pool brushings and it looks like a swamp. Stirring up a lot of plaster dust.
Chemistry is starting to get close to targets.
PH 7.8
TA 190 with a target of 300.
I was limping along adding fairly small portions of baking soda today. Getting more aggressive. I’ll get 300 this evening.

A couple of pool brushings and it looks like a swamp. Stirring up a lot of plaster dust.
Chemistry is starting to get close to targets.
PH 7.8
TA 190 with a target of 300.
I was limping along adding fairly small portions of baking soda today. Getting more aggressive. I’ll get 300 this evening.

Do you have a sub contractor list? I’m looking to replaster and can’t seem to find anyone that does plaster. I’m out by lone mountain.

03-20-18
6;15 AM
PH 8.2+

Took about 36 ounces of MA to get to the target of 7.8. I will test TA again today but it is my understanding that TA 300 should not decrease now that I have it there.

Plaster sub sent a guy out to check on plaster and water. He cringed when he saw the empty baking soda bags. He used the old trusty test strips and really about fell apart when he found a PH reading of over 8.0. Definitely not a TFP supporter. Very nice guy and we discussed water chemistry. I tried to explain the bicarbonate startup but did a pretty poor job at it. He left with a smile and I’m still on this crazy TFP plan.

Water looks good this morning.

Attachments

• 1BD4C097-3AA7-4770-9D26-B7ADFDB480D4.jpg
    1BD4C097-3AA7-4770-9D26-B7ADFDB480D4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 5C8F030B-A091-4438-A2CD-FB6EF03BDC74.jpg
    5C8F030B-A091-4438-A2CD-FB6EF03BDC74.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 152

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.