OB in NW Las Vegas- Open book here and on a budget

No real pool updates. Travertine is done.
But.......
Never let the wife talk you into making butternut squash soup. Cutting this squash was a real mother. Almost got the circular saw out. Cutting butternut squash needs to be left to the women. Men will hurt themselves.

Still very little updates. Deck is done but waiting for more coping to arrive. Decided I needed photos from above. DJI Spark drone. Excellent photos, easy to fly and a doable price point.

Attachments

• DJI_0002.jpg
    DJI_0002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 345
  • DJI_0003.jpg
    DJI_0003.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 338
  • DJI_0008.jpg
    DJI_0008.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 339
  • DJI_0009.jpg
    DJI_0009.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 337

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WOW, I love the build read every page, Thank you! That decking and whole build is AMAZING!! I don't seen any area drains from the house to the pool. I also don't have any idea on what I'm talking about. I'm in the dreaming stages of building my own spa/ spool here in Vegas but I got a quote for a 14 foot by 14 foot spa and what blow away by the price of 22k. Now I'm reading everything I can to GC / Self perform the work.

WOW, I love the build read every page, Thank you! That decking and whole build is AMAZING!! I don't seen any area drains from the house to the pool. I also don't have any idea on what I'm talking about. I'm in the dreaming stages of building my own spa/ spool here in Vegas but I got a quote for a 14 foot by 14 foot spa and what blow away by the price of 22k. Now I'm reading everything I can to GC / Self perform the work.

Thanks for the nice comments.
The drainage plumbing was installed prior to travertine being layed. They cemented the plumbing and then left a small gap in the travertine. I did a poor job documented a lot of the process. BigWill documented this part of the build very well on page 23 of his build.

Still making very slow progress. Everything is cleaned up and about ready for plaster. Still have to build stone fire feature, pull electric wires to lighting and put finish coat/ color on man made boulders. This should be done by March 12. Plan is for pre-plaster inspection on March 13 and plaster completed on Saturday, March 17. Hopefully full of water sometime on March 18.

Thanks to all of TFP for the continuous help! Numerous last minute items purchased and on the way that I would not have thought about buying without the help of this forum. HEPD80 surge protector, brush vaccuum, quality test kit, IC40 bypass cell, ect. Will be hitting up box stores for start up chemicals this weekend.

I will be doing the start-up and will be begging once again for help when I get to that point.

Attachments

• 6EA8C702-6543-4023-B85D-122A81FBF1CB.jpg
    6EA8C702-6543-4023-B85D-122A81FBF1CB.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 27478743-C846-4AD4-B284-1B97D60957AB.jpg
    27478743-C846-4AD4-B284-1B97D60957AB.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 215
  • A15CFEB8-3FD6-4732-9BB8-CA12680399DD.jpg
    A15CFEB8-3FD6-4732-9BB8-CA12680399DD.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 027A3523-B74D-4935-B7B1-89CD4F8A3D9D.jpg
    027A3523-B74D-4935-B7B1-89CD4F8A3D9D.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 212
There are a couple of different ways to start your plaster. There is the fast acid wash method then there is this method. Most PB don't do it this way as it is labor intensive BUT it is the best way if you have the mind to do it.

Getting ready for O/B Bicarbonate Startup

I am also going to share this link with you:

Why Acid Wash New Quartz Pool Finishes?

It is up to you how you want to do it. TFP is all about making sure you can make an informed choice!

Kim:kim:

:D
There are a couple of different ways to start your plaster. There is the fast acid wash method then there is this method. Most PB don't do it this way as it is labor intensive BUT it is the best way if you have the mind to do it.

Getting ready for O/B Bicarbonate Startup

I am also going to share this link with you:

Why Acid Wash New Quartz Pool Finishes?

It is up to you how you want to do it. TFP is all about making sure you can make an informed choice!

Kim,
Thanks for confusing me even more. Great reading!

Sorry :hug: Tell us what you are thinking and we can talk you through it. One thing to point out about the Bic. start up is you will NOT be able to swim for a little while.

Read this, sleep on it, read it again then come back and talk to us.

Sorry :hug: Tell us what you are thinking and we can talk you through it. One thing to point out about the Bic. start up is you will NOT be able to swim for a little while.

Read this, sleep on it, read it again then come back and talk to us.

Thanks Kim,
I think I will be prepared to do the bicarbonate start up. Still a little confused on target water parameters during the start up but will continue reading.
Current fill water:
PH- 7.2
FC- 1.0
CC- .5
CH- 300
TA- 120
CYA- 0

I will plan on having the following supplies available for start up:
4 gallons muriatic acid
50 pounds baking soda
TriChlor pucks

If I understand the procedure correctly, I will be testing PH and TA during the fill at about 1,000 gallon intervals. Adding chemicals throughout the fill to keep:
PH- 7.8-8.0
TA- 275

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.