Hairline cracks!

Robord

Mar 13, 2017
El Paso texas
I drained my pool in order or remove some heavy scale from the tile, do an acid wash and fix some loose grout. What should have taken a week turned into 3 weeks with unforeseen delays slowing everything down.

Be that as it may I'm done and refilling the pool. Problem is I'm seeing hairline cracks as the plaster is getting wet! Not one or two but the whole pool! Looks like a spider web. Outside of this there are no major cracks. There's no water table here that would have pushed the pool up so I'm wondering if these developed due to the plaster being dry for so long.

The only thing I can do is fill it and watch the water level. If the damage is done it is what it is, hate to have to replaster the pool. A friend said to go ahead and paint the inside, the paint would seal the cracks but I would just be hiding the cracks.

Anyway looking for input to see if anyone has come across the same thing. Thanks for looking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.