Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellitouch relay missing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellitouch relay missing?

I believe I have an easy touch 8.
    It's hard to tell but it looks like I'm missing a relay. Can anyone who reads pictograms comfirm?

i know the number of relays depends on the model, and a reputable installer who won't steal.
    45,000 gallon (18x49) in ground plaster in Houston. [Gallery]
    2HP Hayward Northstar Pump, Hayward DE 6020 (60sqft) filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair SuperFlo 1HP -340038 water feature/fountain pump
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 w wireless remote, Hayward TigerShark QC, & Taylor 2006c

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellitouch relay missing?

The diagram in the door is misleading. You have 8 total, the first one is the pump plus Aux 1 though Aux 7 for a total of 8.

Greg -
    11K gal, IG Pebble Sheen (Aqua Blue) with sun ledge and attached spa, Pentair Intelliflow 3050 VS/SVRS (3HP), Pentair ET 8 with Screen Logic, Pentair Racer with 3/4 HP booster pump, 400KBTU Pentair Mastertemp, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, J&J Intellibrite LED in spa, Zodiac Nature 2 (not used), Stenner pump/liquid Chlorine, build completed in August 2015

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by GDN View Post
    The diagram in the door is misleading. You have 8 total, the first one is the pump plus Aux 1 though Aux 7 for a total of 8.
    GDN.. I never noticed that before.. I knew there were just Aux1 thru 7, but I never realized that they have Aux 8 printed on the door. I had to go outside and double check mine and it is just like the pic.
    There is no place to plug in an Aux 8.. I guess you could use the spot marked "Aux 8" for the "AuxEx" relay that can be added if not using solar.

I suspect the real reason is to just to add to the confusion of their manuals...

My... as GND has stated the unit comes with only 8 total relays, none of yours are missing.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good to know, thanks for the confirmation.
    45,000 gallon (18x49) in ground plaster in Houston. [Gallery]
    2HP Hayward Northstar Pump, Hayward DE 6020 (60sqft) filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair SuperFlo 1HP -340038 water feature/fountain pump
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 w wireless remote, Hayward TigerShark QC, & Taylor 2006c