Our new pool possibly

s35.photobucket
s35.photobucket
Here is the basic information from our PB that we will most likely be using and our layout. Any comments, concerns or ideas to make it better or things to change.

View attachment 57202View attachment 57201

Last edited:
Im just learning - but Ill take a stab from what Ive learned over the last year of research. Better in terms of filters...is a little subjective depending on what your primary goals are. Better filtering capability? Easier maintenance? Less backwashing? etc.

Sand is the good at filtering ( in terms of filtering our particulate).

Cartridges are better

DE is best ( down to less than 5 micron).

Can the human eye tell the difference between a pool filtered to 20 micron and 5? Thats arguable.....but many people say they can tell.

Cartridges are the happy medium between filtering capability (down to 20-30 microns) and ease of maintenance.

Im likely going with Cartridge.

No dice on viewing your attachments for me.
Filters - people generally like what they are familiar with. That said, I like cartridges. I rinse them after main pollen season and end of season. I also use hairnets on my skimmer baskets to reduce the load (especially helpful for dog hair). They all do fine at fine macro level.
If you ever let your pool get green, a cartridge filter is harder than a sand filter during cleanup. I don't let mine get green.

To get more picture space on the TFP servers, and other great benefits, you can become a TFP Supporter.

More here,

Or you can host your pics on a pic hosting site and paste the IMG code into your post so the pics will display in your thread.

I can see this last set! Good job!

Now lets talk about it:

-pump-what brand and model?

-filter-what brand and size/model?

-SWG-same as above

-cleaner-again ^^^

-decorative tile-how much? what kind? limits of size or kind?

That is WAY to general of a contract.

I do like the shape of your pool. I would love to see where it is going to go.

Kim:kim:

I like the shape also, but I am always advocating for deeper water all around. Is 3'6" the wall depth or water depth?

Since you have a nice large sun shelf for little people, I'd suggest going deeper like 7 or 8' in the deep end to allow for diving (even off the side or a rock) and encourage swimming. Some folks find it doesn't change the pool price much or if at all when they ask. Provides lots of room for safe cannon balls, dives and such. Everyone likes to dive in when its safe, right?? :)

Yippee :flower:

We will be meeting with the PB this week for more defined information and products he is wanting to install. I believe the shallow end pool depth is 3.6' not quite sure.
Never really been in a pool deeper than 6'6" deep before 8' seems kinda deep but worth looking into.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 89

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.