Help, Can't seem to keep FC levels up

Not sure about that particular smell yet. It's not uncommon for people to smell excessive CCs as they are oxidizing which gives-off that "public pool" smell. But we'll watch your test numbers the most for now. That's what's most important. Those numbers are not influenced by our senses. :)

ha ha. Alright, so you're heading in the right direction. It should continue to climb until it gets to 70 then you're golden. Watch the pH and don't let it drop any further. If it does, start some aeration in the pool if you have a fountain or anything. If not, then a little Borax or soda ash will do it. Of course keep that FC around 5 and never let it go below 3. You're getting it I think. Maybe tomorrow post a full set of results so we can see how everything is looking as a whole. No rush, just something to check when it's convenient.

Calcium hardness. This pool staying up year round? You might not need to care about that one.

TA is probably too high, but see what pH does in the next few weeks. If it starts to rise quickly you should lower it. Very last thing to worry about. Looks good!

Also, be cautious and patient with that CYA. Look back at the day you added your previous dose(s). Make sure you have given it a good 3-4 days to adjust (increase). I know you need 70 for your SWG, I just don't want you to fly past it too high. I've seen that happen more than once is it's a horrible feeling. :hammer: Keep-up the good work with your testing. It's good to be in charge right!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I finally got my cya to 75 yesterday!!! And FC has been holding about 6.
But then my husband was leaving this morning for work. And he walked out to an empty pool
imagegif

and missing floats "/
imagejpeg

Oh, i was wondering why i couldn't get anything to upload
But yeah, we're guessing kids in the neighborhood either jumped over the side causing the side to burst or they punctured it :( It's ripped all the way down the side and under the bottom, haven't even had it a month :( or paid the water bill from filling it.
But how we know it was kids is because there's a raft & tube missing & my sons goggles... It just sucks, this was my kids summer!
Literally makes me sick to my stomach "/

UPDATE! :)
So we got the new liner in, everything is set up and my readings are...

CYA 60 and rising
TA 160
FC 7.5 had some slimy-ness so threw in some liquid bleach. Slim is gone now ")
CC .5
TC 8.0
CH 275
PH 7.8

Water is a lil cloudy, so I'm guessing I need to vacuum and just clean filter often???
so happy to be back up and running! :D

Hey... look who's back! :p Water results look pretty good. Cloudy though? Hummm. :confused: Definitely watch that. You mentioned slime and cloudy, not the best two words we ever want to hear in pool water. I would keep that FC at the 7-8 range and watch the water closely. If the cloudiness does not disappear in the next day or two and/or that slime returns, do an overnight (OCLT) test to make sure it's not algae okay. Other than that, enjoy your pool. :swim: Glad to hear you got things back up & running again.

Good morning!
I did an OCLT
so my fc went from 7.5 yesterday morning to 3.5 in the evening.
I added some bleach and was at 4.5 when I went to bed and checked it this morning and was at 4.
CC always super light pink and goes clear with one drop of R 871 so .5 every time.
Water is clearing up. I'm going to vacuum today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.