under contract for home that has a pool, and I have questions

Pool Math has it towards the bottom. Make a best guess for the size and we will help you fine tune it with your chemicals over time.

Ahhhhh so no telling what they did. Well it is not the end of the world and time will take care of it. It is too high to swim in BUT if you want to push it down faster you can use Hydrogen poeroxide-the stuff in the brown bottle! You can buy it for cheap at the dollar store. I will let you search for how much it would take if it is something you are interested in.

Kim:cat:

Okay, so the kit is in and the first test results are too.

(Not totally confident that administered the tests correctly, but I think I did.)

FC = 37ppm
CC = 1ppm
Calcium hardness = 425ppm
TA = 90
CYA = 70

I'll check back here to listen to advice, but now I'll take my results and review pool school.

I feel much more confident about the test results today (second time's a charm)>

today:
pH = 7.5
CL = 5 (+?)
FC = 17
CC = 1
CH = 300
TA = 90
CYA = 50

I still have what I'll call a light greenish-brown band of what I think is algae in the spa and a few places in the pool (previous picture shows it well). Thoughts?

The water is very clear doesn't reek of chemicals.

Good looking numbers. I do not bother with the color match CL test. I like the powder one as it is much more precise.

Stains-put a chlorine puck on the stain for a couple of mins. What happened? IF nothing get some cheap vit. C tablets, break them up and put in a sock. Let the sock sit on the stain for a few mins. What happened?

Let us know what you find with these two tests.

Kim:cat:

So, I guess I need to get approximately 1 pound of ascorbic acid crystals (Walgreens or Walmart).

I'm to fill up a cup and sprinkle it in the pool, and then let it circulate for a half hour. If stains remain, repeat the process.

Hopefully, the stain issue will be dealt with.

Then I have to utilize a sequestering agent to "corral" the metals in the water, right? Any recommendations as to brand?

Am I on the right track?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.