Can a ECM16SQU 1.65 THP Century V-Green VS ECM Pool Motor fit a Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo VS pump?

mjsz

Apr 24, 2024
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if a ECM16SQU 1.65 THP Century V-Green VS ECM Pool Motor will fit a Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo VS pump?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if a ECM16SQU 1.65 THP Century V-Green VS ECM Pool Motor will fit a Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo VS pump?

Thanks for your help,

Mike
Absolutely. When that motor was available through my wholesalers I used many of them for that pump. If you use a time clock now, it will work similarly. If not, you may want to get one as that motor has a timer but not a clock built-in. You set the programs you want in the motor, apply power, and the programs will run for 24 hours (the programs, not the motor unless you want it to).
Here's a video of from Century installing that motor to a Hayward pump (don't worry that they are replacing a single-speed motor):
Programming with a time clock is here or automation is this video:
If you don't have or want a time clock or automation, you might want to consider the Nidec Neptune NPTQ165, as it has a timeclock built-in. Installation would be the same.

@1poolman1 Thanks for confirming.

My Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo VS motor failed due to water getting into the motor's electronic user interface. Prior to the motor failing, my pump seemed to be working fine even though it is about 10 years old. Based on this, I was thinking on keeping the pump and swapping out the motor with ECM16SQU 1.65 THP Century V-Green VS.

Thanks again for all your help. The "How to videos" will be very useful.

Mike

@1poolman1 Thanks for confirming.

My Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo VS motor failed due to water getting into the motor's electronic user interface. Prior to the motor failing, my pump seemed to be working fine even though it is about 10 years old. Based on this, I was thinking on keeping the pump and swapping out the motor with ECM16SQU 1.65 THP Century V-Green VS.

Thanks again for all your help. The "How to videos" will be very useful.

Mike
If you can get one, and it works with your control system, they're great motors. They aren't made any more.