In Progress - Near Lake Lewisville (Lots of Pics)

Thank you, Dave -

Running over to the showroom today to see how your gorgeous tile will look with our paver and StoneScapes picks. I had not considered teal before but after seeing yours, I may need to re-think my selection!

Dave, can't wait to see how this turns out -- we are heading to flagstone coping (6x12' tiles) and Diamond Brite French Gray for our plaster, too. Love your plan and all of the land you have!!

If its not too much trouble, how big and deep is your sunshelf?

Dave, can't wait to see how this turns out -- we are heading to flagstone coping (6x12' tiles) and Diamond Brite French Gray for our plaster, too. Love your plan and all of the land you have!!

If its not too much trouble, how big and deep is your sunshelf?
That's awesome. I'll try to take good pictures of the water color so maybe you'll have a good sense of the french gray plaster.

The tanning ledge is 10 ft wide and 5' 4" in length (coping to water drop off)...if that makes sense. Depth best as I can determine will be right about 7-8".

The tanning ledge may be the one thing I would have changed as it needs to be 6 ft long to be able to put a full size lounger on it, but I have some addarondack chairs that I'll sit on the ledge so probably not a big deal.

The builder called me this morning and said he is finishing final tile touches inside the skimmer and doing more stone today. Also, he mentioned that he is meeting with his team on backfill and grading so they can start the patio ASAP.

How do people concentrate at work during their builds....Definitely can't wait to get home each evening. [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Got home today and tiling went in around the 2 ft beamed wall and they started to cap the face with flagstone.
5a013cf81e5b7bbd528110893edb66c4.jpg
83738a27b59fc684d7491791e289631e.jpg
30fff92f09c0d0b1c5ae8053245503c6.jpg

My one concern is the 'jump' rock got dropped of today and instead of a bulky moss rock it was a thicker piece of flagstone....
32d31dceab0a17d3e9f934669285be81.jpg

This is to go on the ledge they are currently facing. I was picturing something more like this...
13a0ec1e1579ed76310f4e43c532b18d.jpg

Or this....
39e769e4041dc9273b29f9e19d2e246a.jpg

What do you think? Will that flat flagstone look good or should I say something and have it switched out if possible?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have to say I'm really impressed by my pool builder and subs. I feel they take pride in their work, and anytime there is a small issue they bend over backwards to resolve it.

Like the jump rock...he made a trip out to the stone yard and said there are some good ones to choose from but wants me to head out with him to hand select the rock. Lurking on these threads - I know some other builders have done this, and to me this is really good practice. I appreciate them wanting it to turn out to my expectations.

Have to say I'm really impressed by my pool builder and subs. I feel they take pride in their work, and anytime there is a small issue they bend over backwards to resolve it.

Like the jump rock...he made a trip out to the stone yard and said there are some good ones to choose from but wants me to head out with him to hand select the rock. Lurking on these threads - I know some other builders have done this, and to me this is really good practice. I appreciate them wanting it to turn out to my expectations.

Now THAT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is how is should be! WOW!

Kim

Do they just ignore the grass under the sidewalk? I'd think the grass/roots would decompose and compress over time. I'm used to seeing it excavated and filled from deeper soil up with stone or sand. But maybe it's normal too.

Do they just ignore the grass under the sidewalk? I'd think the grass/roots would decompose and compress over time. I'm used to seeing it excavated and filled from deeper soil up with stone or sand. But maybe it's normal too.
I wondered the same thing. Before they left today the foreman said they had some more grading to do including removing all the grass on the pathway. Don't know why but he said that they were doing that by shovel tomorrow. I would have thought they would have used the bobcat. Here are some more pics....
7ae7cf1d079721e251bfd4a6117a0507.jpg

Side shot looking over the future patio.
f6c80e74f059eab0f3c039e7f67722d7.jpg

And more random forming pics. This is an exciting stage....I really can now visually see everything coming to life.
65eaaafe2cceb46cd3727768840e353a.jpg

3b81d6df973beb4e361a96224a6b8e0c.jpg

91615a20d40d336a85db5380ee318632.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.