Yes really - another Houston pool!

Is it priming and then stopping? When our pool was new it did that and it was because there was a piece of plaster stuck in the skimmer door and it was keeping it from closing right. Too much air was getting into the pump and causing it to stop. We got the plaster rock out and it started working. PB said it was common.

Leaves and other things blowing around are the primary reason I use hair nets on my skimmer baskets out at the pool. I change them out once a week and I only have to rinse out basket at the equipment pad 1-2 times a year. here is a link from Amazon...

B002XK2FS0

I bet I know what happened...............You did the right thing in turning it off. When that happened what ever was caught was washed back and it let go so things could work the correct way. I bet if you look in the pump basket you will see some leaves in there!

I have to keep a rock in my skimmer basket to keep it from floating up. I made sure it was too big to fit down the skimmer hole just in case but small enough to allow good water flow.

Had pool school today, we added baking soda and some muriatic acid.

The guy actually recommended the K-2006 test kit, and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful.

Gas meter will be connected next week and then it will be everyone in the hot tub time

Reactions: galowbraw
Poolbella,

Are you getting the 2lb gas meter from Centerpoint Energy? If so, they supply our gas as well. How did you order the new meter? I called them last week about it and they said someone should email me back. I have yet to receive an email so now I just emailed them today. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes we are with Centerpoint too, and we’re getting the 2lb meter. I called them on Thursday evening, yesterday morning they called to inform me of the fee ($350) and then emailed me the details of how to pay. I paid it right away and sent them the payment confirmation, and today they confirmed that the install will take place next week.

Reactions: Jbrillo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Poolbella,

Thanks for the info! I’m hoping to get a response now that I’ve emailed. If I don’t reply in a few days I guess I’ll have to call again. Glad you will be getting yours soon. Enjoy!

You’re welcome Tommy ?

Kim, I don’t know if he really taught me anything new but he made it all a little less overwhelming.

It makes much more sense when the builder's rep and you have your hands actually *on* your own set up.

Did he advise you to get the "C" version of the K-2006? It costs a bit more than the TF-100, but some folks like the kit box it comes in more. The C version is most comparable to the TF-100 in reagent quantities, but the TF-100 has more of the reagents in larger sizes for the tests you do most often. So it actually is a better buy.

Adding baking soda AND muriatic acid kind of defeats each other ----- rare to have high pH with low TA.

Grr, I was supposed to get my gas hooked up today but they didn’t install the pipe correctly so now I have to wait for the PB to have someone come and fix that, and then get rescheduled. We were really looking forward to getting in the spa this week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.