Ye old pool man

Not in the pool industry but remember very clearly when my parents put up a 5ft x 5ft pool about 1ft deep and that was my summertime joy. It had a steel triangle on each corner holding the pools sides up and I could jump off of it into the pool. Plus my mom would add soap at the endto it and it became my bath as well for the day.!!!!

Some of us have been in the pool industry for a long time. Here is my question for you to answer, *I have been in the pool industry for so long I remember when...... Let's have fun with this
I remember having to buy a pump as a DIY project. Match the motor to the impeller to the wet-end to the shaft adapter. Install the seal, set the impeller with an amp meter to not burn the motor. Bronze, of course, until Pac-Fab came out with the plastic Hydro Pump parts.

I remember having to buy a pump as a DIY project. Match the motor to the impeller to the wet-end to the shaft adapter. Install the seal, set the impeller with an amp meter to not burn the motor. Bronze, of course, until Pac-Fab came out with the plastic Hydro Pump parts.
The pools I plumbed in the late 60"s were only in copper and red brass. PVC was not used yet.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.