YAY!!! New Pool Build in Progress - Tomball TX - Bring on the expert advice!

Good catch! NICE color! AND this is without acid washing! I can't wait to see it tomorrow afterward the wash!

At least they had YOUR color........the others with the wrong colors it was not even close or anything they had ordered or thought about.

Kim

I know tomorrow they are going to acid wash but we are noticing some pretty rough spots in the spa - doesn't look like it will be too comfortable to sit on - does anyone know if the acid wash will take care of those rough spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so i found out that thy guys who come by to acid wash the pebble will do any sanding necessary to make it smooth. They are here and getting started! The outdoor kitchen is also starting today - the cabinet builder is here and beginning the layout and build as well as our landscaper came by this morning to make a few modifications to our design and he let me know they are scheduled to start on Monday. Its going to be a crazy weekend - but should see some cool stuff taking shape!

They have just finished the acid wash and powerwash...Almost ready to start filling!!!!

Fillday2_zpsixbtpgqi.jpg

fillday1_zpsmq3vw5fp.jpg

Getting it ready
fillday3_zps8l9s2jwq.jpg

Pebble after the acid wash and spraydown
fillday5_zpsxqhg25fx.jpg

First hose going in to start the fillup:
fillday6_zpspaq79qi8.jpg

second hose in just because we want to fill it up! Disregard the yellow stuff it was just the startup liquid they added:
fillday7_zpswsvb0giu.jpg

Framing of our outdoor kitchen is going in:
kitchendayone%202_zpsrz317lei.jpg

Kitchenday1_zps78fvbz1t.jpg

Now we wait.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes Kim they did a great job smoothing it out but i have to say the coolest thing to watch was them hosing in the Muratic Acid all over the walls. If I was to stand in the deep end right now (which i know is a big no-no and i wont) i would say that the water would be mid calf and its only been 1 1/2 hours...The sparkle of the pebble is already showing and i know will only be more with time. I am happy with the color but have to say i still think the darker Midnight Ocean would have been awesome!

I don't know Marla if rain is a good thing or bad thing - looks clear here - we just hit the wall of the shallow end. It looks beautiful so far - can't wait to wake up in the morning and see how far it has gotten!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sorry... I was talking about the Pebble. We've been thinking about Wet Edge too. What line of theirs did you go with? Do the pebbles live up to their marketing as being smoother than the competition's? I think the color you went will will be really pretty. We are also trying to avoid raising the water temperature too much by going too dark. It looks like you found a beautiful compromise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.