YAY!!! New Pool Build in Progress - Tomball TX - Bring on the expert advice!

Me too Kim - Its so soothing to sit outside - plus you don't feel like everyone is hearing your conversation - which is really nice!

OK TFP Members - I really need help with the wetedge pebble color...I have been all over WETEDGE site - I have searched this site - When we first designed the pool we chose Midnight Ocean Which is considered a black bottom (but it was really more gray blue)- then i read that black bottom (Dark Blue) pools can be 6-8 degrees hotter. Well i live in Houston and its supposed to be 102 all week - so i want to keep my pool as cool as can be. So we changed it when we changed our other selections to New Zealand Blue - But i want it to be BLUE and i am just not sure that is going to SCREAM - Jump in me!!!
Keep in Mind - We get morning and early afternoon sun but by 2-3 the yard and pool is starting to get shade - by 4 totally shaded - which will be great for early evening swimming!

I need to stick with Wetedge - If you are also - send me a pic or give me any advice you can as were getting close.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only difference I could find is that Satin matrix has smaller pebbles... I also like both the Antigua and Northshore Caribbean. They do have a showroom but he is here almost every day during the week - I will ask him to bring me 2 pearl and 2 satin to see them in the pool and also to feel them.

I like the feel of the pebbles so i dont mind if the pebbles are larger...WetEdge is known for all smooth pebbles...

thanks ladies good advice.

I have just 11 days of our pool with a dark finish on the coast in California and our water is sitting right at 83-85° so far. And we have only had temps in the 70's to 80's. So if you want to make sure it doesn't get too warm go with a lighter finish! Our finish is Black Kona

We love the look of our dark finish - and the temperature right now is perfect. We were planning to put solar on our roof, but based on 1 week of our new pool with the water already being so warm we are going wait until next spring to see if we will ever need solar! So glad we didn't pay for a gas line to be run to our equipment pad!

SantaCruzpool - Thats some reassuring news...that we we are doing the right thing of going with a lighter finish - I will let you all know if it works out in the end. When i talked to my pool guy today he told me that it may change the temp by 2-3 degrees not the 6-8 that i had read on the internet...But lets be honest whats the real difference between 92-95...Still bathwater!

We have some good news and some bad news...We got a call this morning from our contractor that unfortunalty we had chosen a 2cm granite instead of a 3cm granite and they all recommend 3cm for outside kitchens. So back to the granite yard we went...we chose a new one - and maybe I already had the high of choosing a beautiful granite but i wasn't as excited when we left...Here is the new one -

New%20Granite_zpsqcpqsrmy.jpg

After going out to lunch - we came home to our decking being completed. It looks like a whole new pool - Keep in mind they still have to acid wash the pea gravel but i think it looks awesome and will just get better -

Deck2_zpsioycy93a.jpg

Deck1_zpsyj7u0aqb.jpg

Next is to have the ledgestone put around the spa - fix the columns and then Pebble the inside...These guys have been awesome to work with -

Amanda- that granite is beautiful. It's really striking and unusual in the grain or so it seems! I LOVE it! Maybe even more than the other one which was also beautiful!

- - - Updated - - -

And the decking is fabulous too. I was just saw awestruck by your granite I forgot about the decking!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.