Poolnewbie60

Apr 29, 2020
Gilroy, CA
Hi,

I am pretty new with taking care of my pool and this site has helped a lot.

I got the water all good and balanced thank you all for your helpful posts and comments. Now my mother wants me to build some kind of shade structure near the pool. The entire backyard is concrete so I would need to use some anchor bolts into the the concrete so I can put a wood post up. The reason I am making this post is because I am worried about drilling into the concrete so close to the pool, there is a skimmer, a fill hole, a french drain and a return spot all pretty close to where I want the post to go so I am worried about hitting one of those pipes underground. is there a standard depth those are placed at?

think i'm overthinking this lol

I can get some pictures when I get home later today as i'm at work right now.

I just drilled a ton of holes in my concrete for a pool fence, and the concrete/flagstone was 3-4 inches thick. You shouldn't have to drill any deeper than your concrete for those hilti bolts, and your piping will typically be buried deeper than that anyways. The instructions told me to avoid drilling closer than 2 feet from the edge of the pool as well for the same reason, but I was assures that everything would "most likely" be deeper than the 3.5-5 inches I was drilling.

Reactions: Poolnewbie60
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.