Wish I found this forum before building....Not too late? Pics!

XkLXaNs.jpg

Fm3F5Hn.jpg

dJuo5za.jpg

tOYBXtq.jpg

zvXA2i8.jpg

Well, we had the stamped concrete pool deck poured Saturday. What a process, wow. All I ever read was don't skimp on it...You'll wish you had more space. Well, I don't think we skimped. lol 32 yards of concrete and it seems really large. Yesterday they came and sawcut the control joints and powerwashed the deck. There was SO much pigment powder everywhere! The water is a mess. Its gonna take me a week running the filter 24/7 to get it clear again and with a sand filter I sure hope I can get it all. Seems to be working though. There was a noticeable difference in clarity this morning before I left for work. Its worth it though to finally have the deck done. What a relief. Today I believe they plan on sealing it and last step will be the fence.

Perfect! Not a single hiccup.

I am however looking for tips or tricks for how to get small stones and gravel off the pool floor. The stuff is too large to be vacuumed and too small to be hand picked. I'm thinking I may have to get in there and use a dustpan and brush to scoop it up. Ack!
I vacuumed rocks up to (maybe even larger than) 1/2" without issue

Thanks all. Yeah Jim this is all the stuff that the vacuum didn't provide enough suction to remove. The pool floor was a disaster after the pool deck was done. I vacuumed and had to backwash the filter four times because the floor was such a mess. Maybe I will give it another try and close off the floor drain suctions completely. I normally vacuum with those about 90% closed. There is not much that remains. Just a few piles that I brushed to the sides that I figured I would try to remove by hand. I would be pretty darn aggravated if I wasn't so relieved about the pool deck finally being done! :p

Thanks all. Yeah Jim this is all the stuff that the vacuum didn't provide enough suction to remove. The pool floor was a disaster after the pool deck was done. I vacuumed and had to backwash the filter four times because the floor was such a mess. Maybe I will give it another try and close off the floor drain suctions completely. I normally vacuum with those about 90% closed. There is not much that remains. Just a few piles that I brushed to the sides that I figured I would try to remove by hand. I would be pretty darn aggravated if I wasn't so relieved about the pool deck finally being done! :p

I would think that if the vaccuum had 100% suction it would have no issue at all picking up some fairly good sized rocks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.