Who's up for a challenge? Dark green monster!

Don't forget to take pics of the pool and the neighbor's face when he see's the sparkileeee pool! :mrgreen:

Psssssssst....you're not checking EVERYTHING every two hours are you? If so, stop! lol Just check your FC until you get it clear so you don't waste your test chemicals. Everything else is going to be inaccurate with high chlorine levels anyway. And remember 12 is your MINIMAL shock level, so don't stress if it's 15+.

Today is the day, I bet!!

Good morning! I just checked the pool this morning and was confused that my FC levels were so high. After doing a second test, I noticed I was putting in too much 0870 in the first test which was causing the FC to test high, way high. The second test showed an FC level of 8 (first test showed 15!) so I dropped in my bleach this morning and will test again around 10am EST.

- - - Updated - - -

Psssssssst....you're not checking EVERYTHING every two hours are you? If so, stop! lol Just check your FC until you get it clear so you don't waste your test chemicals. Everything else is going to be inaccurate with high chlorine levels anyway. And remember 12 is your MINIMAL shock level, so don't stress if it's 15+.

Today is the day, I bet!!

Hey friend. I stopped test everything after I realized the pH and CYA levels were worthless once the SLAM was underway. Until last night, I was testing FC and CC but stopped testing the CC after reading your post this morning! I appreciate the advice on that and will just test FC until I check to see if I meet the 3 criteria but I'm nowhere near that now.

I'm hoping today is the day especially now that I know that you can put too much 0871 in the test! So many lessons being learned from so many smart people. I appreciate everyone's help!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to take pics of the pool and the neighbor's face when he see's the sparkileeee pool! :mrgreen:

Count on it!! I keep taking pics of the pool each day and will take another one this afternoon. I didn't want to spam this thread with pics or eat up bandwidth so I will post another one after some more progress is made. Trust me, I plan to let the neighbors know how great it feels not to have to visit a pool store!

:cool:

You are breaking the TFP rules. The "payment" for this site/help is PICTURES!

Get a photobucket account. You can post as many pictures as WE want from there!

LOL

Good job!

Kim

Gotcha! I set up a photobucket account last night but didn't want to spam the thread with pics but if you're asking, then it would be wrong of me to not oblige. :D

*Pic from afternoon of 5/31

photo_zps52b9ddb0.jpg

It is not really possible to put in too much R-0870 powder. Well, ten thousand times too much would cause a problem, but ten times too much won't change the reading. On the other hand, it is fairly easy to put in too little, which will result in the test reading lower than actual.

Also, I haven't read the whole topic, but have you gotten out all of the solid debris (leaves, etc) you possibly can? Anything left on the bottom of the pool can greatly slow down the process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice thunderstorm rolled in yesterday afternoon which canceled my plans for an updated pic. In between the lightning around 3pm, I was able to add some more bleach (116oz of 5%) to the pool however I didn't grab a reading as I didn't want my hand in the pool water with lightning. The storm lingered on and I added another 116oz of 5% bleach before bed, 9pm. Did the same thing this morning before heading into work. Not sure if I messed anything up by adding so much bleach but I figured I would ask before I get home and do an actual water test.

Also, I'm debating about whether or not to just jump into the pool and brush it down instead of trying to do it from outside the pool. As I am running the idea over in my mind, what' are the h20 guru's thoughts?

Let the Cl level just just below shock level and jump in. It is SO much easier to do from IN the pool for sure.

Of course then take it back to shock level and filter, filter, filter. I would also test the level again in about an hour.

Happy "swimming".

Kim

AimeeH! Hey friend.

Took this picture while I was out working on the yard. I may have taken it a little too late to get the proper color of the pool but it is soooooo close! I can almost see the bottom of the pool again. I was starting to wonder if it was down there. :)

Below is the picture from this evening. Depending on how the line of storms come through tomorrow, I may be able to get in another shot. I cleaned the sides of the pool again and also did what I could with the bottom. Maybe this weekend will be in the pool! Thanks for checking on me.

IMG_2647_zpsfc29524b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.