Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just curious we are scheduled to close on 10/16. We swam last week but this week temps are low 70s and pool is in the upper 70s so I'd have to run the heater all day to get back to 90. We were hoping for another couple of swim days. I'd especially be curious of those with heat pumps what temp they are able to maintain right now.

I am swimming north of you in NJ. But I have a gas heater keeping the pool at 86.

When we used my heat pump and solar cover it stayed above 80 degrees (usually 84ish) until we closed. But once I turned it off it couldn’t get the heat back. September and October cost a small fortune that wasn’t worth the handful of extra swims we had.

Our autocover is on when not swimming or if air temp is not 80 degrees or above now. Water temp yesterday with no supplementary heat was 82. Quite nice for for a sunny day with no wind. I swam and took a float nap after the game. I expect to swim next Sunday (busy Saturday) with warm temps expected Sat/Sun and sun until then.

We never heat the pool as hot as that. Ours is kept at 86 degrees here in Ottawa and we would keep it open until mid-October. However, our heater crapped out last week, so now we are faced with the decision of replacing it now or waiting until next spring. Not sure what we'll do.

I swam yesterday (Sunday) in NJ. The water was 72, which is surprising this time of year. A little brisk but refreshing.
When we used my heat pump and solar cover it stayed above 80 degrees (usually 84ish) until we closed. But once I turned it off it couldn’t get the heat back. September and October cost a small fortune that wasn’t worth the handful of extra swims we had.

We use a natural gas heater and swim every day normally in September/October until closing. Sadly our heater just called it quits so that will be $$$. Might wait until spring to replace.

Still swimming here also in Howell, NJ. Water temp 90. Gas heater for sure keeping it toasty. Probably closing mid to end of October once water temps get to the magic 55-60... if I shut the heater off :)

This has been the worst swimming season since I've owned a pool. (2014)
Had a lot of cloudy rainy summer days when most of the country east was in heat waves.

Typically I swim until the 2nd to 3rd week in september but my last swim day was labor
day and I can see the forecasts saying 65-70 for the coming weeks so I guess I'm done for the year...sigh

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm down here in Virginia trying to clean my pool up after the hurricane two weekends ago. Had some yard debris fall in it and didn't have power for two days. Get a real nice green up to the pool. Just received my TF-100 and need to get it cleaned up just to close it!

Here in western PA, the heat pump is still keeping water temps in the mid 80's. It's a little after 6am right now and water is 86 degrees, right at the setpoint. (I do a morning swim / laps at 6:30 most mornings for about 20 mins. GREAT way to start the day).
The heater will get shut down mid October, effectivly ending the season. I let the water temp drop and close the pool about 7-10 days later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.