Whisperflo Pump won't prime

Mynameisnate

Jun 12, 2021
San Diego, CA
Hi Everyone!

I had the WEP-6 motor on my waterfall pump short out so I replaced it with a Jacuzzi brand motor from Leslie's. I spent most of yesterday switching out the breaker on the pentair control panel and then connecting the electrical. I was scratching my head for hours until I realized that a two-phase 115 volt motor is actually in 230V mode! a slider switch!

Now it turns on but it has quite a bit of squeak and it just doesn't seem to fill up and go. I don't think I know of a check valve or any place to add water. I try to fill the pump up as much as I can but it doesn't seem like it's sucking, just spinning (I can see a lot of churn in the basket) I don't know if it's possible that I put the impeller on wrong or got something backwards between the motor and the pump flange, so I hope someone here has ideas.

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Since you seem to be experiencing a few issues after the motor swap, it's probably best we tag @JamesW for help on this one. While waiting, you might post a pic of the new motor label and the WEP-6 as well. What type of go-kit or parts did you install during the swap (shaft seal, etc)? That additional info might help.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Maybe the seal is installed incorrectly.

I would take it apart and redo everything.

Mynameisnate

Jun 12, 2021
San Diego, CA
I'll get some pictures soon. When you say take it apart and redo everything, do you mean take the motor off the whisperflo or disassemble the impeller assembly and redo all of that?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.