Which Pool Robot for me???

Pirate Roberts

Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
So along the lines of many before me I find the array of models from Maytronics to make my head spin. I too have a 20,000 gallon pool (I estimate as I have not actually filled it with a 5 gallon bucket myself, ever) but I am replacing a Polaris system. Because of the Texas heat I run everything at night to minimize evaporation and we don't spend much time in the pool anyway (empty nesters). The Polaris worked middling to fine but we have live oaks so they drop leaves and acorns and they will stain if they don't get picked up quickly. Back to my question:

Given the choice between an M600 and an Active 30i and the difference of $800 between them which is the better long term choice? I don't mind shopping out of state to purchase so any suggestions on retailers is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here is where a LOT of people get their robots from Marina Pool, Spa & Patio It HAS to be by phone call so it can retain the warranty. Tell them about your pool and they will let you know which one will work for you.

PR,

I too recommend talking with Marina.

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

I have bought two S200s from them and very pleased with their operation.. Paying more does not get your pool any cleaner.. You get things like a caddie and remotes that you will never use.

I have no use for a caddie, but I store my robots outside, next to their power supply.. If I had to bring them in, when not in use, then a caddie would be good to have.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I've got the Warrior SE from Pentair - it's really a Dolphin S200 in Pentair clothing :) I got it from Marina after seeing the recommendations here. $699 and a $50 rebate from Pentair. Shipping was fast and robot works great.

I have the caddy, and wouldn't be without one as I store mine in a small shed, and the caddy makes it easy to transport to the pool then back again. But then again, I'm getting older every day and lazy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.