Where to get seals

roppy

Bronze Supporter
Feb 19, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Anyone have an idea who the manufacturer of this pump is, and where I could get new seals
15ccaf55161e0a6b5b3356b599a7f593.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that is not the case. A few months ago when cleaning out my strainer I forgot to turn my main return valve back open and ran my pump for a full day. Ever since then I have been sucking air. I have water pooling on the top of my multi port valve on my Hayward sand filter.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"...water pooling on top of multi port valve..."

Do you mean around the handle of the multi port valve. That may indicate the multi port shaft seal is leaking. This would allow a bit of water to leak out below the MP handle when the pump is running - and allow air back into the system with the pump off. This might also cause the pump to lose prime. With the pump off, do you hear any gurgling noise?

I think it's an oring on the shaft that provides the seal between the shaft and MP cover. Once you take it apart, you need to inspect both mating surfaces for pitting. I had to replace the lid and shaft on mine some time back do to pitting/wear. There's a number of youtube videos and parts diagrams on Google. Search for: hayward multiport valve repair

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.