Where to buy quality valves

Matt82es

Sep 15, 2022
Massachusetts
I have 1.5 inch plumbing and I’m going to be replumbing some of my equipment in the spring when I get a new SWG and VSP. Since I’m going through the trouble I was thinking I may want to revamp all the plumbing. I’ll attach a picture but on the suction side I have 3 ball valves and I know at least one of them didn’t completely seal anymore. I also have 3 way Jandy valve and check valve for the heater, should I replace all of them? I assume at some point they wear out? My question is what valves should I replace these with and where would you suggest I purchase them? I’m not looking to spend tons of money but not looking to cheap out either. Should I just replace like for like or are there better options for my setup? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 706FF7A5-6112-4F80-968A-86C67220E3DE.jpeg
    706FF7A5-6112-4F80-968A-86C67220E3DE.jpeg
    574.4 KB · Views: 26
I have 1.5 inch plumbing and I’m going to be replumbing some of my equipment in the spring when I get a new SWG and VSP. Since I’m going through the trouble I was thinking I may want to revamp all the plumbing. I’ll attach a picture but on the suction side I have 3 ball valves and I know at least one of them didn’t completely seal anymore. I also have 3 way Jandy valve and check valve for the heater, should I replace all of them? I assume at some point they wear out? My question is what valves should I replace these with and where would you suggest I purchase them? I’m not looking to spend tons of money but not looking to cheap out either. Should I just replace like for like or are there better options for my setup? Thank you in advance!
The best thing would to get something like this:

Replace the ball valves with 2 way diverter valves.

Jandy, Hayward, Pentair all have diverter valves. Shop around for availability and price.

Thank you for the responses. I will plan on getting quality diverter valves.

Another question - since I’m going to be redoing all the above ground plumbing and the pump and SWG accept 2” pvc should I just use that for everything? Is there a benefit other than not having reducers? I think my filter may have 1.5” plumbing however if that makes a difference.

Another question - since I’m going to be redoing all the above ground plumbing and the pump and SWG accept 2” pvc should I just use that for everything? Is there a benefit other than not having reducers? I think my filter may have 1.5” plumbing however if that makes a difference.

Really makes no visible difference. Do whatever is easiest for you.

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.