Where do you drain your pool TO?

If a few inches it goes into the yard and under the trees. If the entire pool then down the driveway then into the street with short periods around the yard. Pool draining here requires a permit and notifying flood control.

This is usually such a pain for me.... I run a few hundred feet of garden hose and drain to the street for season ending lowering of the water level (~5000 gallons) and draining the winter cover a few times on the off-season. It takes some time, but not a lot of work I suppose. My neighborhood is relatively low, so my yard gets wet real fast.

I have thought for years about getting some drainage work done in my yard, or at least putting together a run of of PVC or pool hose that I could quickly set up and connect to the pump so it could at least become a more efficient operation, but I can't get myself to spend the money on the other 360 days that I am not dragging around a garden hose!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A minor drain (i,e, backwash, too much rain), to the alley late at night so it is dried up by morning, so as to not inconvenience a neighbor who may be taking out the trash etc.
If I ever did have to do a major drain for some unexpected reason, like mknauss, to the sewer cleanout out front (I don't think the city or the neighbors would be very happy with me flooding the alley and the streets :p ). That would force me to have to rent a submersible pump and about 125' of hose. :confused:
r.

Last edited:
In my city, you drain to the sewer. You have to call the city and let them know. No cost, no permit, they just want to know so they don't have too many people on the same sewer line draining at the same time.

In my city, and most of So Cal (as far as I know), you can't drain to the street/storm drain. Only Rain in the Drain as the saying goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.