What's your current pool temp?

It's been very mild here to Dave. Yesterday and today, high of 60. My ice block is melting but it'll freeze again before any significant water thaws.

I installed the solar cover and turned on the solar a week ago and the water went from 60 to 75 in 6 days. Last year I bumped it up to 82 degrees with the gas heater and it stayed in the 80's for the rest of the season at this same time.

The DW is already getting phone calls for when she is starting lessons, but we both have that cough that is going around and she wants to feel better before she stays in the water for 6 hours a day.

Ours is 49 my wife's crazy nieces and nephews went swimming yesterday to be the first to swim in the pool. I am not talking about jumped in and then ran in the house they were jumping in and out for over an hour. Surprised we did not have any hypothermia cases on our hands air temp was around 77 I guess that helped but I still think they were crazy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water was 68F today. Kids are asking/whining when they can swim.

Daddy's answer - you can jump in the pool anytime you like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

This past week was unseasonably warm. Our water temperature rose 7° in the past week to 58°F. After working out and then taking our dog Tigger for a combo walk & wind sprints and having built up a sweat in the process, I thought...why not...let's kick off the swim season early this year. So I jumped right in and tolerated the 58° for a short while and did a few laps. Didn't say it was comfortable, but it was good enough to say that I kicked off the first swim of the season!

Nice sunny weekend this past weekend, pulled back the safety cover to check temp and it was a frigid 40! Well ahead of schedule though from previous years. Last two years I had a block of ice on top 5+ inches thick that took til April to melt.

We've had a couple days of 60+ degree weather, and the pool is now at 46 degrees. It's supposed to cool down quite a bit tomorrow and remain chilly for the rest of the week, but it's going to warm up significantly after this weekend. New pool equipment will be put in sometime next week, and I'm just going to have them open it at the same time. I'm tired of looking at an ugly green ultra-loc!!!

63 here in Austin, decided to turn on the heat pump! Supposed to be in the 80's all week. Plan to have it to 85 by the time spring break arrives.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.