What's your current pool temp?

Air temp is 80° water temp is 66° I'll be getting a solar blanket tomorrow. I don't expect miracles but, I hope for a enough of a boost in temp to stick my big toe in!:shock:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Finally opened the swim season today. Returned after being out of town for a few days and with temps finally being in the more seasonal low 80's I was determined to kick off the season. Took water temp this morning and was at 64°F. Tired of waiting, I ran the heater for about four hours or so. That, combined with the midday sun, rose the water temp to 72°F which is more than good enough for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Stuck my arm through the skimmer and dropped in the thermometer and came back out with a reading of 56 degrees. We still have the winter cover on. I am sure it is a bit colder toward the bottom though. Can't wait to pull the cover off and get the water moving.

Checked this afternoon and it's 68 deg. It's our first summer with our new pool and holding out for 72 deg. before taking the first plunge. Tough to wait, especially for our granddaughter (& for me too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scottshaffer said:
Checked this afternoon and it's 68 deg. It's our first summer with our new pool and holding out for 72 deg. before taking the first plunge. Tough to wait, especially for our granddaughter (& for me too).
Does that mean your signature should change (it says "No pool yet, but....")? If so, congrats :cheers:

Up here we start the swimming in the 60's, though a couple of us crazy kids will even venture into (and quickly out of) the pool when it is in the upper 50s.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.