What's your current pool temp?

This thread got buried on page 2. We made it above the almighty 85 today. Hit 86!

we keep heat at 78 and turn it up to 80 or 82 when weather looks promising for a swim, which is about twice a week in May and early June. the solar cover adds 3-5 degrees to that on a sunny day. so kids are often swimming in 84-87 water, when the air temps are 65-75.

next week looks like summer arrives (about on schedule, maybe even two weeks early) with air temps around 80, and we will leave heat pump at 80 i think.

we do have solar on our home and cheap electricity in general which eases the bite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
92 degrees over the weekend (late afternoon). Its crazy how fast it heats up with the large shallow tanning ledge.

Hmmmm - maybe I should put our large umbrella on the sun ledge in the mornings to try to keep it from getting too warm. We were hitting 90 degrees last week. It's at 82 now. I like it 82-86, I think. Still learning as we've only used it since 6/1/20.

So after a brief period of more normal air temps in early June, the pool finally made it into the low 80s. This week we’re back to much colder than normal temps and the pool is back down to 70.🤬

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.