What's your current pool temp?

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
90 yesterday and with expected temps in the 100-110 range this weekend, should be about 1.2 million degrees come Sunday. Very, very refreshing. :rolleyes: Probably make soft boiled eggs in the pool on Sunday if y'all want to come over.

• Haha
Reactions: HeyEng

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Pool was getting too hot from solar heat 92 or higher deg F. So a couple weeks ago we reduced temp setting to 90 deg. Much more refreshing for me and still warm enough for my wife... happy wife happy life!

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
omg.....freaking pool is 95 degrees!!! Thats too hot even for me. Solar heat is OFF! Probably for a couple of months if todays temp is any indication. Pump speed now set much lower. Good grief.....

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
Carnival, why on earth have you been using solar heat??
Apparently because Im stupid! Just took a quick dip just now...dusk, quiet, no one around (so who needs bathing suits anyway) and it was STILL really warm. Im so glad I wont need solar anymore for a while, should help with the electric bill (tho even with the solar on all month, the added electric was only $30.

How did I ever live without this pool anyway?

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
Well I had it on as soon as I could (February?) trying to get it up to comfortable temp., which I didnt know what it was. Between then and now was that long stretch of "cant get it warm enough" to "ahh thats nice" to "holy cow! thats hot!".

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
I really need to invest in one of those Glacial Pool chillers. A bicycling buddy had one here in the Houston area and his water was in the low 80's in July. I'll put up the rest of the pool sail shades this year...and irritate Mrs. Beard...

carnivalday

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2017
Ocala, FL
Turned off the solar yesterday and the pool this morning was oh so perfect. Probably 88ish, with it being mid 90's out, it was perfect. I didnt want to get out of the pool, it was so refreshing.