What's your current pool temp?

I ran the heater since friday but only got it up to 69 heater thinks it 71 lol.... Was in the pool twice this weekend. If the sun is out and the pool water is at least in the upper 60's I'm game it is brisk and crisp. I took the opportunity to scrub down side walls.

Currently 42 degrees. Brrrr! I do not have a heater nor a solar cover and some nights have been below freezing (running pump 24/7). Closing pool today! Finally!

EDIT: These responses are making me really jealous lol

We are sitting at around 64-66° - I almost jumped in Sunday, but by the time we got home the sun was off the pool...

I swam last weekend (Oct 27) with the water temp at 68°. I really wanted to jump in one last time in November just for kicks, maybe this upcoming weekend I still can, but only if the temps haven't dropped below 60°.

We're "back up" to 51, but still too cold to jump in. I debated running the heater, but looks like we are in for quite a bit of rain (and COLD) the next couple of days, so I can't justify running the heater for 10 hours for just a few hours of use. I am ready for the next pool season already!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, that was with a Hayward HP21404T - 140K btu heater. My pool is only 7K gallons. Air temp started at high 50's, ended up high 60's, low 70's by end of day.

You managed to heat it well with temps up to low 70s. Thinking of getting a heat pump for our smaller 4100 gallon pool, possibly for next year. We can get days in the low 70s even in late Autumn.
What does 140k btu equate to in Kw do you know?

Not sure about Kw... the HP21404T is more efficient than their smaller units, so it costs less to run. For heat, I would always get the biggest I can get. A larger heater will run for a shorter period of time, hopefully extending the life of the heater.

My PB installed all Hayward equipment, but when I eventually need to replace my heat pump, I will research again. I really like the AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ225 Heat Pump (143,000 BTU). It's 10db quieter and more efficient than my Hayward. Haven't read a lot of reviews on it though.

Reactions: YonnyPiscinas
Not sure about Kw... the HP21404T is more efficient than their smaller units, so it costs less to run. For heat, I would always get the biggest I can get. A larger heater will run for a shorter period of time, hopefully extending the life of the heater.

My PB installed all Hayward equipment, but when I eventually need to replace my heat pump, I will research again. I really like the AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ225 Heat Pump (143,000 BTU). It's 10db quieter and more efficient than my Hayward. Haven't read a lot of reviews on it though.

approx 41kW apparently due to my calculations. That is massive. Can see why you got your pool up to that temp now.

approx 41kW apparently due to my calculations. That is massive. Can see why you got your pool up to that temp now.
This is the smallest Hayward heat pump if you have reduced electrical capacity. A member here used it on a medium sized pool in Texas in combination with solar and was pleased.

I've considered it for my large pool because I don't have a lot of power down by the pool (far away) and I only want +5 degrees during warm ambient temps (80F+). And I use a cover when needed. But I've never bit the bullet and given it shot. Every year older I get it seems like a better idea though.

Hayward HP50HA 45K BTU Heat Pump for In-Ground and Above Ground Pools

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.