What's your current pool temp?

Had a nice swim at 80 on Sunday. That makes the swim season 4 1/2 months. Consistent cooler weather by the weekend. So swimming will probably be wrapped up except for the pups who will go until I close early November.

Reactions: Chickinvic
Seems like the rest of you are having an Indian summer while we got an early fall.

Took the water temp yesterday: 56 degrees :(
normally it doesn't get that far down until Halloween.

This has been the shortest swimming season yet.

Had the pool up to 86 on Monday. Turned off the heat pump after the grandkids got out Monday night.

Water is now at 64. Looks like we'll be closing this weekend with water temps in the high 50s. ?

My temperature is 80 degrees (ugh). Turned the heater off two weeks ago hoping to cool the water into the 60’s for closing tomorrow. But unseasonably warm days and nights have kept the temps up.

Good news is the grandkids have been swimming this week. Was thinking of delaying closing but pool company coming tomorrow. Gonna cool down a lot after today so hoping pool cools quickly and polyquat works so I open to a clear pool!

Reactions: gonfishin
We've had an extended summer in FL and pool is still going between 88 AM and 93 PM. Average temps are going to be dropping another 5 degrees this week so the pool cover will be coming out shortly I'm sure as soon as the pool lows drop below 85.

I've had the heater cranked since Thursday was able to swim off and on all weekend but the wife says no way.. Water temp has been from 78 - 83. The outside temp has been 50-78. I mainly spent time cleaning the pool while in it. I might get one more weekend for this season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Air temp 71, pool temp 67. Looks like our swim season is over for the year. This is our first year with a pool and I feel as though we didn't get the most usage out of it (this year). We have had a busy summer doing other things though. Will start covering outside furniture and storing cushions next weekend.

Just got our heat pump installed Friday. Turned it on at lunch and by dinner it went from 80 to 87. Next day it got up to 89 (setpoint was 87, so sun warmed it up). Dialed back to 83 which should get us to 85 during the day.

We are spoiled down here in Florida!

63 as of last night @ 8PM. Talked with pool boy yesterday and he recommended changing service from weekly to bi-monthly for the "winter". On a side note: We had terrible winds here for the past couple of days and the pool floor was full of leaves. My trusty robot picked up 98% of them in 2 two-hour runs! I swear by that thing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.