What's your current pool temp?

Just jumped in, 76, starting to feel cool. Hope to have solar a next season!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure, I know its cooled off a little, but I am pretty sure water temp is not 58 degrees in Houston, yet! I think I need a new thermometer! May as well get it when I replace the vacuum head that snapped off today. Oh and the pressure gauge that is stuck on 10ppm. Yeesh!

I'm at 66. I put my winter mesh safety cover on early because the leaves were killing me, but it appears to have hastened the drop in temperatures. I thought the lack of sun would help drop the temps, but it appears that the ground temps are helping to keep the temps up. I might run the pump all night to see if I can get a bigger drop.

The irony is that I had difficulty getting my pool above 80 this year because of the cool weather.

Pool closed yesterday... well everything but the cover is on. Got too late in the day. 50 degrees. Hoping to get the cover on tomorrow night so I can stop with the daily leaf chasing.

Main drain valve ended up leaking during close so wouldn't hold air lock. Ended up cutting off the valve and capping the line with an expandable plug. Next spring I'll have to replace the valve. However, I have limited room and may end up replacing everything from the suction side of the pump to all three suction lines... Will be using better than big box store basic valves if so.

I'm very impressed with a solar cover. 85 outside; w/o cover I drop 4-5 degrees at night with no recovery during next day (dropped from 75 to 70), 60 at night. Put cover on, warms back to 75 next day, dropped to 74 next morning, then recovers to 75. 80% shade on pool. 75 is cool but swimmable!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.