Silver Supporter
Mar 8, 2021
AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The pool temp thread made me wonder what is the hottest pools get (naturally...no heaters or covers) in different regions. Here in the arizona desert, pools can get uncomfortably hot. So how about other regions? It's been 90 to 95 degrees here and the pool is still 77. I know that's hotter than many areas get so are there regions where pools won't get warm enough without a heater?

Without a cover, I don't think ours would get much over 83-84 at the peak of the summer and would sit at 81-82 most of it, which was surprising to me the first yeah since it can get very hot here in Sacramento -- 90s and low 100s are common summer highs. But it cools off a LOT most night here -- our average lows are only 58 degrees in July/August when the average high is in the 90s. Cool dry mornings most days make summers here a lot more bearable, but do cost some water temperature!

A "solar" cover is ideal here mainly for use at night to keep the heat in -- using it that way gets the temp 10 degrees higher than it would have been. I like the water a bit warmer, so let it get to 87-88 before leaving the cover off for a night or two, but have been known to enjoy coming back from a week away to float in 93 degree water :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hottest I saw last year was 96. It typically stays around 90 for a few weeks.

I think around 94 degrees F. I put sail shades over the pool (up to three) to keep the temp down to around 90F. Here is one up at the far end. Mrs. Beard complains when all three are up. I really really want a chiller.

shade up.jpg

Reactions: mnmpizza
Mid 80’s here in Jacksonville florida but we have a pool screen which can take off a few degrees that is why we have solar and a heat pump because we like it at 92 -94 degrees. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.