Silver Supporter
Mar 8, 2021
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The pool temp thread made me wonder what is the hottest pools get (naturally...no heaters or covers) in different regions. Here in the arizona desert, pools can get uncomfortably hot. So how about other regions? It's been 90 to 95 degrees here and the pool is still 77. I know that's hotter than many areas get so are there regions where pools won't get warm enough without a heater?

jmastron

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Without a cover, I don't think ours would get much over 83-84 at the peak of the summer and would sit at 81-82 most of it, which was surprising to me the first yeah since it can get very hot here in Sacramento -- 90s and low 100s are common summer highs. But it cools off a LOT most night here -- our average lows are only 58 degrees in July/August when the average high is in the 90s. Cool dry mornings most days make summers here a lot more bearable, but do cost some water temperature!

A "solar" cover is ideal here mainly for use at night to keep the heat in -- using it that way gets the temp 10 degrees higher than it would have been. I like the water a bit warmer, so let it get to 87-88 before leaving the cover off for a night or two, but have been known to enjoy coming back from a week away to float in 93 degree water :)

clduncan

Bronze Supporter
Jul 2, 2019
Waco,Texas
Here in Central Texas in full sun mine will reach about 95 then I will put the aerator on to help cool. Once the water gets to 90 it starts to feel like bath water.

Reactions: Kevinr14

Lilypad

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Nov 12, 2016
Plano, Texas
Usually tops out about 90-92 if I don't run my cooling fountain/sprayer, which drops it a few degrees
and I feel less like a lobstah 🦞!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last summer it hit 96 deg F based on my temp probe. Down in Houston, TX area.

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hottest I saw last year was 96. It typically stays around 90 for a few weeks.

jark87

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2011
Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Mine hit 92 several years ago which led me to buy the Glacier Chiller and that was the end of that!
Ditto. Chiller gave us our pool back during the hottest part of the summer, which is when you want it the most.

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I think around 94 degrees F. I put sail shades over the pool (up to three) to keep the temp down to around 90F. Here is one up at the far end. Mrs. Beard complains when all three are up. I really really want a chiller.

shade up.jpg

Reactions: mnmpizza

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Mid 80’s here in Jacksonville florida but we have a pool screen which can take off a few degrees that is why we have solar and a heat pump because we like it at 92 -94 degrees. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support