Whats a good pool pump with heater timer. Outdoor

May 6, 2018
Bloomington IN
As the title says looking for a good outside timer that will shut the heater off before it shuts the pump off so I do not damage the heater if it were running. Tired of shutting it off manually everyday.

Found the Intermatic T104P201 but the reviews are mixed.

Do you have a timer now? The T104 is is probably one of the most dependable timers on the market as for the heat delay it is a micro switch and can have issues after long-term use. Usually the trippers will wear down before any thing else

There is also the intermatic PE153 digital timer. It looks like I can have 3 independent circuits. So I could do the pump, heater, and stenner chemical injection all with the same device. Plus not even bother with the fireman switch as I would manually program in the 20 minute delay. Being digital I would hope it would last longer than a mechanical. However if memory serves me right my pump is roughly a 13 amp load and these circuits are good for 17amps. Wonder if that would be okay.

Just want to do a follow up. I installed the Intermatic T104P201 this past weekend. It appears to be a good timer that is simple you use. I am not an electrician but the install was pretty easy. Time will tell how the unit holds up. I can say its nice knowing it will shut on/off on its own without me having to run in the basement twice a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.