What speeds to use with my VS pump?

I am probably the last guy to ask about pump schedules and speeds... :)

I say this because I run my pump 24/7, which is not necessary, but just something that I like to do for the following reasons.

1. I like to generate a little chlorine all the time.
2. I like that I am skimming all the time.
3. The cost to do this is less than $20 bucks a month.. (Really more like $10 bucks, but $20 recognizes that not everyone has the same electrical costs..)
4. It makes programming my automation system simpler..

I run mainly at 1250 RPM because this allows my SWCG to work and for my skimmers to work. A couple of times a day I ramp the pump up to 1500 for an hour, just to help with skimming, although I am not really sure it makes any real difference or not. I run at 2800 when the waterfall is on, which is not often, other than to flush the lines once a day for 15 minutes. I also have a 2000 RPM option that I can manually turn on if I want.

I have no heater or water powered cleaners.. So a pretty simple set up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You're gonna have to experiment with it and see what works for you......mine is on 75% 1st thing in the am (8am)while the In-floor system cleans then ramps down to 60% for a few hours to surface skim. at night its on low (50%)for a few hours and that is the times I add chemicals. Start low and work your way up depending on how dirty the pool looks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.