What I see out my back door just past the pool

Yep, we've got 'em in the yard more often then not. My dogs dont even bark at them anymore. We have a fairly long driveway back to the house, and at night we have to be careful, as the deer hang out on both sides. As you drive by, they just look up and act like we're the ones disturbing THEM.

Well... this was above the pool! I had a pair of nesting Sharp-shinned hawks in my backyard this year. It was fun to watch them hunt among the trees and build their nest. I routinely get caravans of skunk and possum families migrating through my yard behind the pool. Curious raccoons and the ever present squirrels.

I love the deer even more now that our fence (which we got shortly before we put in the pool) keeps them from eating all my hostas! They are beautiful to look at.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
HA! The deer jump a fence like it is not even there around here!
For whatever reason, they keep out! We have friends down the street who put up a fence and then a garden; I was shocked that the deer didn't jump the fence for the garden! So when we decided to put one up, we got EXACTLY the same fence, and it seems to work. One time my husband saw a deer just inside the fence, and after a moment, the deer jumped it like it was nothing. I wonder if they keep out mainly because the dog might be around?

they keep out mainly because the dog might be around
When we had Drago (HUGE Sheppard) we saw him standing in the middle of the herd........everyone was like "no biggie! We are all buddies"! :shock: of course NONE of the pics would come out. All I could see what eye shine back at me. Man I still miss him! Bullet (mastiff/lab mix) does not care one way or the other about them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.