What have you found in your skimmer...

Found a baby bunny just before it got sucked in. When I went to grab it and it swam quickly away. I wasn't aware rabbits can swim, but this one swam quite well. Eventually I got it out and hopped off...

Other than that, mice, baby birds, frogs... gladly no snakes (yet).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: BowserB
Got the FrogLog, so no frogs or other animals, but twice now we've been invaded by flying ants and both skimmer socks were full in one day. Maybe 250 large flying ants in each of two skimmer socks. They also rained into the pool while we were there.

• Wow
Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So far I've found mostly big honkin' wasps or hornets, big black ants, little black ants, and flying ants in my skimmer. In my old in ground pool I'd find frogs and snakes on the regular.

Nothing beat the baby snapping turtles I'd find on the steps, though...

Nothing too strange mostly the basic stuff. Unfortunately we did have a rabbit last year. Thankfully no snakes yet. I’m deathly afraid of them so I don’t know how I’d get one out. Probably just jinxed myself.

My wife. Don’t ask! :rolleyes:

? I understand. I have bruises still.

A cicada killer was the new to me bug. The one time I did not check it before swimming and asked hubs to because he got out first, he was rewarded with a snake. He should check it more often. ? He was so glad I had bought the Skimmer Angel!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.