What does your pool paradise look like?

thefloatqueen

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
WOW! Y'all are so lucky and making me wish it was summer even more during this snowstorm :(

Can't wait to get my pool this Spring and I will post pictures of my redneck oasis haha

Lonnybass

Silver Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
San Diego
Thanks guys. The palms definitely require some monthly maintenance but it beats shoveling snow!

The entire system runs off two 300w low voltage transformers, with a third powering the front of the house. Since taking these photos I've also installed 150 feet of string lights over the patio area (not pictured). And not visible is an 8-way outdoor sound system surrounding the entire perimeter of the outdoor space, hooked up to a dual zone receiver that I hid in the unused lower corner of my kitchen cabinet. This is connected to a ultra-long range Bluetooth on top of the refrigerator, so anyone can connect in their audio mixes.

The entire system - pool LED, spa LED, landscape and path lighting, and audio - are all controlled directly from my iPhone using the Smartlife app. It's fun to take guests out there and hit the "Full System On" button. :)

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
Tell me about the app. What r u using to have the app communicate with the lights and audio. The audio over ip? Or ir woth a converter to ip? What about the lights. Rxthey smart lights or isxthe transformer plugged into a smart outlet which is zwave or zigbee? Thier website is kinda vague. I’m always looking for other viable solutions.

Jim