What did you do to your pool today?

Making the first attempt at cleaning my cartridge filter. I don't think it has risen by the recommended 25%, however it's been 2 years since it was installed. I will most likely make this a yearly occurrence.

Sloppy gardener (me) let a few particles of lawn fertilizer get in the pool :( and I got five small iron stains. TFP to the rescue :) with vitamin C in a sock and I got them pretty much off. My arm is freezing, lol, and the one on the bottom was the trickiest (put the sock in the end of my brush pole). That one might need more treatment, but I need to let my arm to warm up!!

Thank you TFP!!!

Turned the SWCG back on after forgetting to this morning. I had turned it off yesterday when I added a bag of salt. But my FC was high so it’s probably right on now. Could pool life be any easier?

Thank you for the feedback on cleaning my filters, and not relying on the Jandy gauge. My filters were filthy. Took me quite a while to get them clean, I was able to replace the gauge with the glycerin filled gauge as well. As soon as I cleaned the filters, the next few days I had several things go wrong with my polaris 280, replaced one of the swivels, the garbage net, and the reverse gear lid quit on me. We are now back in order though!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I cleaned out our safety cover vault (the spider pit) and performed the annual maintenance lubricating all of the grease ports, pulleys and the cover reels...lots of fun crawling around for a few hours dodging spiders.

We get a huge amount of cedar needles and various leaves and tree junk that builds up in the vault - our first rain of the season is forecast this week so I decided I better get it cleaned out. Plus, I didn't want to start on the Deck-O-Seal replacement job that I have planned...so this was a very important distraction.

Wife had a girls only pool party...but asked me to stick around to cook the burgers and fetch drinks...

Ha ha, When my wife and her friends get together out at the pool, I am referred to as "Juan, the hunky pool boy". Now, my name isn't close to being Juan, but they said it's their party and Juan was way sexier than my real name!

Skimmed, Brushed and Vacuumed my pool. Tested for pH, FC, CC, CYA, TA and CH = all were within range. Closing pool very soon, so SLAMMED my pool today. Keeping it at SLAM until FC holds overnight (which I'm sure would be immediately). Bitter Sweet Moment for me. First year having my pool and first year closing it. Ugh. Sad. I guess I need to get ready for Christmas now. :)

i added a bag of salt the other day since my water temp is dropping and i keep my salt on the border of the machine tolerance. brushed. . . checked levels. . . only had to backwash 1 time this season with my DE filter! i guess my robot is doing a nice job keeping the pool really clean.

right now i have been keeping my salt cell off to see what kinda ph drift i have going on since winter is coming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support